Called Verizon Today

Sakic26

May 12, 2011
Visit site
That was my thought. If stores are not getting them in stock, I am predicting a similar situation with the Trophy. Online ordering tomorrow, general availability next Thursday.

The Droid kind of seems like their "baby" so I don't foresee them doing a joint release. Sad, I know

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Would seem like a good way to go. Allow the in-store employees who haven't received training (such as our forum-mate Wireless Vet) to do so, and those who are already informed can make a purchase online.

danielgary

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The Droid kind of seems like their "baby" so I don't foresee them doing a joint release. Sad, I know

They are already doing a joint release with the XPERIA Play.

And a few weeks ago it was rumored that the DX2, XPERIA Play, and Trophy would all release on the same day.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
They are already doing a joint release with the XPERIA Play.

And a few weeks ago it was rumored that the DX2, XPERIA Play, and Trophy would all release on the same day.

One of the leaked date sheets also showed the Tropy on the same date as the Samsung Charge, so I don't think Verizon is too concerned about multiple releases.

Something else is blocking the Trophy.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Would seem like a good way to go. Allow the in-store employees who haven't received training (such as our forum-mate Wireless Vet) to do so, and those who are already informed can make a purchase online.

We've received web based training on the OS. Today, we are actually training on the Trophy itself. I should have lots of info by mid afternoon that I most certainly will pass on.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
We've received web based training on the OS. Today, we are actually training on the Trophy itself. I should have lots of info by mid afternoon that I most certainly will pass on.

Excellent, much appreciated! If no release date is discussed, a clarification of specs would be greatly appreciated. We've been seeing LCD vs. S-LCD screen, 8GB vs. 16GB, etc. It would be nice to know exactly what this phone will offer.

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
We've been seeing LCD vs. S-LCD screen, 8GB vs. 16GB, etc. It would be nice to know exactly what this phone will offer.

Verizon sent one of my clients a testing unit last week. I've been playing with it today. It's 16GB and screen quality seems just like my incredible with s-lcd, so I'd bet it's s-lcd. Not sure how to tell exactly just by using the phone.

-Keith

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sent one of my clients a testing unit last week. I've been playing with it today. It's 16GB and screen quality seems just like my incredible with s-lcd, so I'd bet it's s-lcd. Not sure how to tell exactly just by using the phone.

-Keith

Yes this is correct. It has been plainly stated many times by Verizon that the Verizon version will have 16gb, the only confusion is when people don't know the difference between the European phone and the Verizon one.

As far as I have heard, the european version of the phone also got an SLCD upgrade about a month after it released, so there is no reason to expect the Verizon one would not have SLCD as well. There is no "hardware upgrade" problem here with the screen. There may be issues with the cdma + gsm radios causing hold ups though. Wouldn't be nice if Verizon just told us what the deal was?

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping Wireless Vet has some juicy info for us ;)
I've been following some stuff on Twitter about the Trophy not coming with NoDo installed...How is that even possible? It's required for CDMA isn't it?

Last edited:

danielgary

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping Wireless Vet has some juicy info for us ;)
I've been following some stuff on Twitter about the Trophy not coming with NoDo installed...How is that even possible? It's required for CDMA isn't it?
I don't believe the post on Twitter about no NoDo. He also makes mention of it being extremely light. All the reviews I read said the Trophy had a nice weight to it.

And yes, NoDo is required for CDMA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb