Called Verizon Today

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This is not a personal attack, this is not meant to offend; I hope it ends up being everything you all wanted. Overall, I'm not impressed

You may have been, had it been the samsung focus or omnia 7. It just means Verizon picked a crap phone (yet again) to represent MS on their network. No personal attack here either, just an explanation.

Why I would pay $200 for that phone rather than $50 for the Focus is beyond me at this point. Of course, we have decent coverage by ATT here.

tacticalcrono

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Wireless vet, is the May 26th date when the phone will be available in stores? If so, will there be a pre-order online tomorrow, similar to the X2 and Xperia Play?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You may have been, had it been the samsung focus or omnia 7. It just means Verizon picked a crap phone (yet again) to represent MS on their network. No personal attack here either, just an explanation.

Why I would pay $200 for that phone rather than $50 for the Focus is beyond me at this point. Of course, we have decent coverage by ATT here.

I appreciate the comment.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Wireless vet, is the May 26th date when the phone will be available in stores? If so, will there be a pre-order online tomorrow, similar to the X2 and Xperia Play?

i really hope they do something like that, my gut tells me if they don't slip on the 5/26 date though, it will just be announced next tuesday and show up at stores on thurdsday.

i wonder what the off contract price will be...

if the non slcd screen is true though, i might just stick with my focus until gen2 hardware comes to verizon. :\

amgray86

May 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC has phased out all normal LCD screens and SLCD is now standard on all HTC phones so the only explanation is the one that you were being trained on was an old model. The Trophy Verizon will get will have SLCD. Thanks for the date though.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont think having flash should be considered a "feature." Its just like what Apple did with iOS. Flash on mobile devices is an awful experience, kills the battery, and uses entirely too many resources. I am glad they chose not to support flash; it will be a better user experience.

The web is going away from flash and the iOS push has even helped HTML5 efforts.

I hope it is SLCD. I'm still hoping it is.

4G isn't too big of a deal for me. Most place I go will have wifi anyway.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
HTC has phased out all normal LCD screens and SLCD is now standard on all HTC phones so the only explanation is the one that you were being trained on was an old model. The Trophy Verizon will get will have SLCD. Thanks for the date though.

Ok, I specifically asked and the answer was LCD and I'm currently waiting for HTC to email me back confirming or denying it

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont think having flash should be considered a "feature." Its just like what Apple did with iOS. Flash on mobile devices is an awful experience, kills the battery, and uses entirely too many resources. I am glad they chose not to support flash; it will be a better user experience.

The web is going away from flash and the iOS push has even helped HTML5 efforts.

I hope it is SLCD. I'm still hoping it is.

4G isn't too big of a deal for me. Most place I go will have wifi anyway.

i agree with the flash sentiment, it was never all that fantastic of an experience on my android phones that could support it, and with the html5 push going on, i'll take the hardware accelerated browser that is in mango over flash any day.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
i agree with the flash sentiment, it was never all that fantastic of an experience on my android phones that could support it, and with the html5 push going on, i'll take the hardware accelerated browser that is in mango over flash any day.

Hahah you saw that demo too? That looks incredible.

I'm sick of comparisons between the iPhone and Thunderbolt and people saying Thunderbolt gets an edge because it has Flash.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This is not a personal attack, this is not meant to offend; I hope it ends up being everything you all wanted. Overall, I'm not impressed

If you're referring to the OS, I think it will be. I've tried all the major smartphone OSs and WP was the most impressive to me. I'm also a software dev and IMO the WP dev tools are miles above anything else. Different OSs for different people, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for your hope and for the info! :)

tacticalcrono

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Same here, can't wait. I think I'm going to burn the Touch Pro 2 once I get the Trophy. No one should ever be put through the torture of having to use the TP2.

I'm coming from an original HTC TouchPro, and I fully agree with you. Contract has been up for a year, been wating on WP7 ever since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo