Called Verizon Today

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hahah you saw that demo too? That looks incredible.

I'm sick of comparisons between the iPhone and Thunderbolt and people saying Thunderbolt gets an edge because it has Flash.

yea, the demo was awesome!

ie9 in general is quite nice, i've almost completely transitioned away from chrome in 3 out of 4 of my computers.

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Samsung Trance, if you don't know what that is I can provide a link: samsung trance red - Bing Images

Anyways, this will be my first smartphone so anything is better then the dumb-phone I have been using. I hope you're right about HTC only using SLCD now.

And thanks Wireless Vet for consistently providing information with your company's customers. Very appreciated.

Last edited:

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
SLOW and Locks up constantly.

Disable all the proprietary crud and it runs like a dream. (Can't tell you how often I've had that call...) I don't like HTCs extra UIs, whether we're talking Winmo or Android. I think half the problem is a mere two years ago they were highly praised for that sort of thing.

Now what's really tough is if you have an Omnia 2 like me, where Samsung went in and used the registry to lock you out of disabling most of the crud. LOL A little research clears that right up.

egret85

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Disable all the proprietary crud and it runs like a dream. (Can't tell you how often I've had that call...) I don't like HTCs extra UIs, whether we're talking Winmo or Android. I think half the problem is a mere two years ago they were highly praised for that sort of thing.

Now what's really tough is if you have an Omnia 2 like me, where Samsung went in and used the registry to lock you out of disabling most of the crud. LOL A little research clears that right up.
Already Have a custom ROM without ANY HTC extras. Still SLOW. Especially when using messaging.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
IT HAS TO in order to support CDMA, its been said a million times....YES.
Yes, I know that it will have it and that it was said a million times, but that doesn't stop people from speculating nonetheless. It doens't hurt to say it 1,000,001 times, right?

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know that it will have it and that it was said a million times, but that doesn't stop people from speculating nonetheless. It doens't hurt to say it 1,000,001 times, right?

No, it doesn't "hurt", but I think the official rule is: For each successive time its stated after the millionth, we must add all caps to more and more words ;)

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here, can't wait. I think I'm going to burn the Touch Pro 2 once I get the Trophy. No one should ever be put through the torture of having to use the TP2.

Yeah, I have the same sentiment with the Env3. I decided a while back I was going to introduce it to the hammer.

I'm also pretty certain HTC has been upgrading all their phones to SLCD. I would be surprised if they use LCD in the Trophy. I would speculate that 16 bit color is the reason for the lack of vibrancy in the screen.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Samsung Trance, if you don't know what that is I can provide a link: samsung trance red - Bing Images

Anyways, this will be my first smartphone so anything is better then the dumb-phone I have been using. I hope you're right about HTC only using SLCD now.

And thanks for consistently providing information with your companies customers. Very appreciated.

I am in the same boat... except I have a Venus: Venus verizon - Bing Images (Black)

Cannot wait to ditch this for a WP7... I would have gone with a iOS, but I am Biased...

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Vet, at this training you went to, about how many other employees were there, and what was their response to the Trophy? Were they as interested as you? Did they know that this will be a completely different phone than the myriad of Google devices on Verizon now? Anybody utter "Windows 7 Phone"?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
EXTREMELY disappointed if it doesn't have an SLCD screen. It honestly makes NO sense.

If this is a $499 phone off contract, it just won't be worth it to me. All this waiting and only thing really upgraded from the October shipments is the memory. I really would like to know why Verizon chose THIS of all WP7 devices to release as their initial WP7 offering. I've been very careful not to down the device because some really like it and the rumored screen update seemed appealing. But I don't feel it anymore. Should've been the Samsung Omnia 7. All of this waiting and ... *sigh*.

We'll see. I may try the device out at the store and love it. But I have used a friend's Focus and wanted to love that phone like a woman ...

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
any idea if the storage will be user-accessible?

It's not user-accessible. I searched the one I had today and the card slot is not anywhere to be found [easily].

Also, I disagree about the screen not being "beautiful, clear, vibrant screen". The one I had was very clear and vibrant. Very similar to my SLCD Incredible. Looking forward to the HTC clarification.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
FYI - the May 26th date has been semi-confirmed by my roommate who works for a Verizon reseller. He said the VZW rep came in today and told him "the 26th is the most recent thing" he's heard. He also asked why it was taking so long, aka what's the delay and the rep said he didn't know.

I'd also like to say to those who may let the screen deter them from getting the phone (if it is indeed only an LCD) that all the reviews I've seen have indicated the screen is a bright, nice looking screen.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not user-accessible. I searched the one I had today and the card slot is not anywhere to be found [easily].

Also, I disagree about the screen not being "beautiful, clear, vibrant screen". The one I had was very clear and vibrant. Very similar to my SLCD Incredible. Looking forward to the HTC clarification.

Just an update, did not hear back from the HTC rep yet. It was after a normal persons 5pm quitting time that I emailed him, so I'm sure I'll hear from him tomorrow.

FYI, I also have the SLCD Incredible as my personal phone, and I guarantee you the phone(s) we looked at weren't even close to the vibrant look and feel of the Incredible.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like alot of the waiting is for just an average device. Shame... I can tell you this I have not seen a screen that I was more impressed with than the Samsung Focus.. its exquisite... I am surprised that the Trophy would not have an SLCD screen, especially since the price will be relatively high.

Dunno.. getting deflated.. and looking more at dumping VZW and heading to AT&T permanently... maybe I just hate letting a company paint me in a corner...

In negotiations right now with AT&T for a company discount.. hope it works out :)

And.. I hope the Trophy actually does have an SLCD screen.

Then again... I guess nobody really cares about WP7 .. so VZW has no real reason to care or concern itself with the handful of people here..

ho hum..... yep.. getting cynnical.. and why shouldnt I be...

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just an update, did not hear back from the HTC rep yet. It was after a normal persons 5pm quitting time that I emailed him, so I'm sure I'll hear from him tomorrow.

FYI, I also have the SLCD Incredible as my personal phone, and I guarantee you the phone(s) we looked at weren't even close to the vibrant look and feel of the Incredible.

Here's what I heard you say...

"Blah, blah, blah... Buy a droid."

Yep, more Verizonspeak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs