Called Verizon Today

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
EXTREMELY disappointed if it doesn't have an SLCD screen.
We'll see. I may try the device out at the store and love it. But I have used a friend's Focus and wanted to love that phone like a woman ...

Go look at the Surround screen tomorrow. Same size and if only an LCD, that's it. But I am still betting on the SLCD. And btw, I like my Surround screen. Thought the Focus looked over saturated but maybe that's just my eyes. Played with them both on launch day.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I heard you say...

"Blah, blah, blah... Buy a droid."

Yep, more Verizonspeak.

c'mon now, WV has been quite helpful today, if he likes his droid more, that's his choice to make.

as long as verizon actually FINALLY releases this device next week it doesn't matter to me what the reps want for their own device or what they want to push.

as long as i keep using this POS storm2 until i get the trophy, even if it's an lcd screen, it will look amazing next to it :p

there's no comparison b/t sLCD and SAMOLED though, so it's unfair to say it sucks compared to the focus, because it's just a fact, and it's not like we have an option anyways.

but i really do hope it's sLCD though.

the only thing i feel like i'll be let down with is the camera, as HTC's cameras are no where near as nice as samsung's, but again, what choice is there if one is going to use verizon, the only other rumored device is the arrive, which is just the trophy with a keyboard, which i'm not interested in at all...

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
agreed I don't care about what the phone is I only care about getting a wp and it's way beyond what I have now so stop complaining and be happy we're getting a windows phone and thank wireless vet for being so helpful

fitzwest

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Bait and Switch

I've been waiting for a wp7 since it was first announced February 2010. I have had it with verizon. I've been very patient but I've lost it. I'm feel like making a formal complaint to the California Attorney General of a Bait and switch scheme. They had no intention of releasing the phone in early 2011. Under that promise, my wife renewed our contract through the well known MSFT employee offer. Well, I do not believe that late may is anywhere close to early 2011. The offer was designed stop msft employees from fleeing verizon en mass to get their free WP7 phones, they had no intention of ever releasing the phone in early 2011.
Relavent CA code

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=17001-18000&file=17500-17509

</rant>

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting for a wp7 since it was first announced February 2010. I have had it with verizon. I've been very patient but I've lost it. I'm feel like making a formal complaint to the California Attorney General of a Bait and switch scheme. They had no intention of releasing the phone in early 2011. Under that promise, my wife renewed our contract through the well known MSFT employee offer. Well, I do not believe that late may is anywhere close to early 2011. The offer was designed stop msft employees from fleeing verizon en mass to get their free WP7 phones, they had no intention of ever releasing the phone in early 2011.
Relavent CA code

CA Codes (bpc:17500-17509)

</rant>

i'd try to just have verizon cancel your contract and waive the ETF, out of curiosity, is the MSFT plan for other carriers still in effect?

but i agree, may is not early 2011, and it really is questionable business tactics for people who were given the flyer (which shows a release time frame, and is an official verizon document) and signed contracts for a device that is quite late based on the original marketing material given to them.

as for the rest of us, there really wouldn't be any case.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You may have been, had it been the samsung focus or omnia 7. It just means Verizon picked a crap phone (yet again) to represent MS on their network. No personal attack here either, just an explanation.

Why I would pay $200 for that phone rather than $50 for the Focus is beyond me at this point. Of course, we have decent coverage by ATT here.

And this is the issue, right?

If it debuts at $199, right next to the dual core X2, it'll get destroyed. And the price will probably drop to a much more reasonable $99 quickly, but it'll be considered a failure to Verizon, which bodes poorly for the OS.

If it debuts at $99 it'll be considered a value phone, which it is tech-wise, and probably also do somewhat poorly.

I know, I know, the ****** toeline is "but it runs buttery smooth on these specs!" but that doesn't mean it can compete with the sexiness of dual core high res competitors, even if the OS runs better.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
c'mon now, WV has been quite helpful today, if he likes his droid more, that's his choice to make.

I'm actually a late comer to Android. I was a Blackberry fanatic forever. As a matter of fact, during BB's rise to power three years ago, I was calling my wife on the hour for permission to buy more and more stock LOL......anyway

Like I'm sure most of you have been, I was in to smartphones before it was cool to be in to smartphones. My first the Motorola Q, then the Palm 700W, the BB8830, then back to my Palm, then the BB Storm, then the Palm Pre Plus, and finally the HTC Incredible along with my work issue Thunderbolt. I would LOVE to see Blackberry rise again, they seriously need to come out with a superphone. I wanted the BB Torch so bad. I want nothing to do with the iPhone unless there is a 4g version released.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm grasping at straws on this, Vet, but could the rep misunderstood your question meant what you will be getting an LCD unit for your training session and not for mass production?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm grasping at straws on this, Vet, but could the rep misunderstood your question meant what you will be getting an LCD unit for your training session and not for mass production?

I suppose there is always that chance, but the Q and A was centered around release date and specifics to what the phone was going to provide for customers, and I know if I put myself in his shoes, I would have spoke on real phone specs, not the training versions. We have reps from all the manufacturers visit all the time, and a number of us commented on how this guy was the most knowledgeable we have seen from any of the manufacturers in forever. He was dynamic, smart, and quick with his responses to all questions.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't quote me on this: I was playing with the phone when that was asked and I believe the answer was that it was internal
(quoting you on this, har har)
if it's internal that's fine as long as i can yank out the MicroSD and put in a 32gb'r. If it's a soldered-on chip, that's a dealbreaker for me.

can you find out anything that specific?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
(quoting you on this, har har)
if it's internal that's fine as long as i can yank out the MicroSD and put in a 32gb'r. If it's a soldered-on chip, that's a dealbreaker for me.

can you find out anything that specific?

Yes, and please let me know any other questions you may have so I can send them in one email

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually a late comer to Android. I was a Blackberry fanatic forever. As a matter of fact, during BB's rise to power three years ago, I was calling my wife on the hour for permission to buy more and more stock LOL......anyway

Like I'm sure most of you have been, I was in to smartphones before it was cool to be in to smartphones. My first the Motorola Q, then the Palm 700W, the BB8830, then back to my Palm, then the BB Storm, then the Palm Pre Plus, and finally the HTC Incredible along with my work issue Thunderbolt. I would LOVE to see Blackberry rise again, they seriously need to come out with a superphone. I wanted the BB Torch so bad. I want nothing to do with the iPhone unless there is a 4g version released.

RIM's problem is that they can't innovate and revamp their OS without doing what microsoft did with WM and scrapping everything and building from the ground up, OS6 was a pile of crap when i set it up on my dad's bold, just a new skin, more animations (which the hardware in the phone couldn't really deal with) and they changed the way the OS works, and even i was confused in how to do things for a few minutes.

the problem with RIM scrapping their OS, is that their only real source of remaining revenue is the enterprise sector, and everyone knows corporations HATE change.

i don't see RIM ever coming back to the consumer sector, which sucks, since more competition is better for the consumer. but then again, they're canadian, so suck it canada! ;)

$150 does seem like the best price point to make the new phone competitive (and will also make my wallet happier)

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Vet. I appreciate it! While I'm caught between a rock and hard place (because of my discount), it's no where a deal breaker for me not having the SLCD. This is my first venture into the smartphone world, so I'm just happy getting anything at this point!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte