Called Verizon Today

Goaliexam

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I visited my VZW store today and was told by their manager that they are getting the Trophy next week. He wasn't sure about the exact specs though.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know how long VZW takes to ship? I believe it was overnight or 2 day. I want to be able to plan accordingly as they generally ship FEDEX and a signature is required.

I may have asked before but I don't want to sort through the 36 pages here...

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's usually overnight, but i've seen them do 2 day as well. I 've never seen them ship any longer than that. In this case, I feel that they'll do overnight shipping, as they seem to be giving us "perks" over the "delayed" release.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting for a wp7 since it was first announced February 2010. I have had it with verizon. I've been very patient but I've lost it. I'm feel like making a formal complaint to the California Attorney General of a Bait and switch scheme. They had no intention of releasing the phone in early 2011. Under that promise, my wife renewed our contract through the well known MSFT employee offer. Well, I do not believe that late may is anywhere close to early 2011. The offer was designed stop msft employees from fleeing verizon en mass to get their free WP7 phones, they had no intention of ever releasing the phone in early 2011.
Relavent CA code

CA Codes (bpc:17500-17509)

</rant>

My wife and I are in the same boat. However, it will be released next Thursday so not sure if you care that much anymore. I had found out last week that they wouldn;t waive the ETF and the contract restarts when you purchase the new phone (something I hoped against...). After reading that offer, they were very sneaky (in my opinon) on how they did it. Two seperate offers. One to extend your contract for another 2 years for $100. Another to reserve the phone. I am sure most people did both.

Also, if you go to VZW and look at your contract documents, you can see that we're all screwed about the waiving of the ETF. Its specifically written in when the ETF would be waived. Sneaky buggers.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
After some thought, I still don't think the LCD vs. SLCD should be a deal breaker. It would be nice to have SLCD, but honestly the reviews state that it's a nice looking screen - bright and clear. It's not comparable to the Focus obviously, but I haven't seen anyone do screens better than Samsung.

coolduderedux

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So what's the likelihood of the Trophy being in any store, like Bestbuy, Walmart, etc, on the 26? I'm leaving out of town on the 27 so if I could get it beforehand, that would be great.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Now the two outstanding questions will be:

LCD vs SLCD?

Off contract price?

I am really interested in the Microkia phone next year with Mango so I might be willing to part with some $$$ to upgrade earlier next year (probably on a different network, though...)

Also, any idea if VZW is still doing a 1 year contract price? Have not upgraded in a while (2007) but that would be ideal. I thought I remember them gonig away from the 1 year plans... I thought there was a caviat though (like you get one 1 year upgrade) since they cancelled the program...

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Now the two outstanding questions will be:

LCD vs SLCD?

Off contract price?

I am really interested in the Microkia phone next year with Mango so I might be willing to part with some $$$ to upgrade earlier next year (probably on a different network, though...)

Also, any idea if VZW is still doing a 1 year contract price? Have not upgraded in a while (2007) but that would be ideal. I thought I remember them gonig away from the 1 year plans... I thought there was a caviat though (like you get one 1 year upgrade) since they cancelled the program...

1-year contracts ended in April, no exceptions unfortunately. It would have been a great way to go - $70 extra for the phone, but the contract end date would put you right in line for the next-gen WP7.

s80t699

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
They way I look at it, it's going to be much nicer than my Imagio and my wife old Palm 750p. I can live with the HTC Trophy for a while and really let the 2nd gen phones fight it out for my interest. Better screens, battery performance, LTE so on and so on will be things I will worry about with my second WP7 purchase down the road. For now, it's Trophy time....

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That is pretty much my assesement as well. I'm all in with the Trophy. By the time I'm ready to upgrade again, the advent of Windows Phone 8 will be around the corner if not out by then, and 4G will certainly rule the air!

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
1-year contracts ended in April, no exceptions unfortunately. It would have been a great way to go - $70 extra for the phone, but the contract end date would put you right in line for the next-gen WP7.

MS offer pricing is $99.99... I am working to figure out if they offer a reduced non-contract pricing option. That might be ideal... I suppose I can always just pay the ETF and get a new contract with a different carrier next year...

It really does figure that the phone comes out during our vacation to a foreign country where the global phone aspect would have saved me money.. stupid VZW...

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this on Windows Phone 7 Forum site. Interesting reading.

Windows Phone 7 - WP 7.5 Mango update due out May 24th?

:excl:

I don't think pdadb.net has any insider info. It looks like the dates there are not very reliable (for the HD7S it lists a release date of "April, 2011").

Plus, I don't think it's likely that MS will release the update on the same day of their event. As far as I know they haven't even released Mango to developers yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos