Called Verizon Today

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Before I orderd, my account stated that if I was eligible for a upgrade discount, but if I wait on or after 8/21/11 (when my contract actually ends), I will get a loyalty discount. Doesn't it make more sense to get a bigger discount before your contract ends?

Where did you stand with your account?
my contract was up back in November. i'm not going to buy right now. there's too much confusion here and i'm not about to pay money if others are getting it for free! :) i'll call 'em tomorrow & see what's up.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that doesn't make any sense. It seems it randomly chooses people. Now I'm wondering if I should have waited.... nah!

Good luck when you call, BC!

frogthedoor

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just a lurker here. Wanted to add that I picked up one of these phones too (Yay). Wasn't getting the crazy discounts some of you are getting though. My offer price was $199.99 with contract and a $50 online discount, so I got it for $149.99. But I was offered free overnight shipping. Also, shame no SLCD screen. But hey, I can't complain. It's still a nice phone and worth the price.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, just got a complication. I am trying to use a family member's NE2 discount, so I am ordering through their account and then just activating the phone on my number. We are on different accounts. I've just been informed by customer service, however, that if I do that, it will void the warranty on the phone. O_O !!!! Seriously, Verizon?

So looks like I'll probably wait to order it tomorrow so I can link both our accounts, and just go the alternate upgrade route. If you do alternate upgrade, than it won't void the warranty.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, just got a complication. I am trying to use a family member's NE2 discount, so I am ordering through their account and then just activating the phone on my number. We are on different accounts. I've just been informed by customer service, however, that if I do that, it will void the warranty on the phone. O_O !!!! Seriously, Verizon?

So looks like I'll probably wait to order it tomorrow so I can link both our accounts, and just go the alternate upgrade route. If you do alternate upgrade, than it won't void the warranty.

that is bullplop, the warranty should have no effect based on who's line it's activated on.

if you buy the phone from a 3rd party (ebay/craigslist/some guy) then the verizon half of the warranty is not valid, since they don't know when it was purchased or where it's been, but if you are buying it from verizon, the verizon warranty will hold up.

nevertheless, the warranty from htc will not be effected in any way whatsoever.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually I've been going through the VZW forums (http://community.vzw.com) and it seems like this is unfortunately true. Also I learned that if you link the accounts (called Assumption of Liability, or AoL), the secondary line loses its NE2 discount. Then other people say it's not true, and it depends on what CSR you talk to, the supervisor, the alignment of the planets, etc.

There's just so much conflicting evidence on this that I'm just going to do my original plan: get the phone with my family member's discount and activate it on my line. HTC phones are reliable; I've had two in the past 5 years, and have never needed to send them in for repair, so crossing my fingers this trophy lasts me 2 years without a problem...

Besides, I'll probably jailbreak the phone anyway, so I'll be voiding the warranty either way :p

libis54

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Trophy for sale any other place besides Verizon?

Does anyone know if any other retailer is selling the Trophy yet? Like BestBuy or Amazon? I need to buy it off contract, and not from Verizon's site.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if any other retailer is selling the Trophy yet? Like BestBuy or Amazon? I need to buy it off contract, and not from Verizon's site.

they should be getting them on the 2nd...

as for jailbreaking or unlocking voiding warranty, that's not true either, unless you root/jb/unlock and then overclock and fry the handset, then it's on you. the act of jailbreaking itself can't do anything harmful to the phone.

changing software, so long as you can revert it back to stock (this is the key, since if you brick it, the honest and ethical thing to do is claim responsibilty and not to try to play dumb and have the carrier/manuf replace it, it's things like that which lead companies to get more strict on 1. locking down devices and 2. more strict rules regarding repairs) has no effect on warranty. no matter what line the store tries to sell you on.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine a few hours ago! Yay!

Actually I've been going through the VZW forums (Verizon Wireless Community - Verizon Wireless Community) and it seems like this is unfortunately true. Also I learned that if you link the accounts (called Assumption of Liability, or AoL), the secondary line loses its NE2 discount. Then other people say it's not true, and it depends on what CSR you talk to, the supervisor, the alignment of the planets, etc.

NE2's been discontinued anyway (so once you use/lose it, it's gone), but yes, it's true. If a line is no longer either a primary or single line, NE2 goes bye bye. If both stay as single lines, or if they are on an unlimited familyshare (In which the secondary lines are more expensive), then NE2 remains. Best thing to do is use your NE2 before the AOL.

Now, the original intention of ditching the NE2 and annual upgrade was that occasionally users would be qualified for other deep discounts, but I'm not sure what triggers them. Starting this week, I've seen the second such sale since the end of annual upgrades and NE2. However, it seems to be just for the Thunderbolt, blackberry curve 3G, and a couple "feature phones" this time around. What's interesting is they don't seem to be tied to primary/secondary line rules like NE2 used to be. Moral of the story: if you happen to be talking to us and we mention a sale, pay attention. There may be something good in there.

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This Verizon offer is good only in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Customer must purchase a HTC Trophy (MWP6985VW) between May 26, 2011 and July 15, 2011, to qualify.
For each HTC Trophy device purchased during the offer period, customer may choose one of the following
Xbox 360 games: Halo Reach, Kinect Sports, and Lode Runner. Limit one game per mobile phone and 8
games per customer, Verizon voice plan and data package required. These Xbox games cannot be played
on the phone and require an Xbox 360 console; Kinect Sports also require a Kinect sensor.

To redeem this offer, the customer is required to submit the following information to ePrize, LLC through
www.freexboxgamenow.com: 1) the valid MEID number from the device purchased and activated during the
offer period (The MEID number can be found on the top side of the HTC Trophy box) AND 2) a completed
online redemption form.

Submissions must be received by ePrize within 30 calendar days from the purchase date shown on the receipt.
This offer is non-transferable. This offer ends on July 15, 2011 at 23:59 PST and is not redeemable for cash.
Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any game returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent.
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for shipment of your game. Employees of Microsoft are not eligible for this offer.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
when i was grilling my local best buy on it (when the webpage for it was leaked), they looked thru their system and told me they'd be getting them on the 26th. so i'm not convinced the 6/2 date is a hard limit on when you can get them in your local brick & mortars

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually I've been going through the VZW forums (Verizon Wireless Community - Verizon Wireless Community) and it seems like this is unfortunately true. Also I learned that if you link the accounts (called Assumption of Liability, or AoL), the secondary line loses its NE2 discount. Then other people say it's not true, and it depends on what CSR you talk to, the supervisor, the alignment of the planets, etc.

There is one primary line on a family share plan. If you are bringing a line over from another plan, whether it's currently a primary line on another plan qualified for NE2 or a single line that is currently qualified for the NE2, it obviously becomes a secondary line when moved to an established family share plan. And, secondary lines never qualified for NE2

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My phone order has been a giant cluster....

I was pretty excited when I ordered my phone yesterday at around 1 pm PST and was told I would receive it Friday. I grew a bit anxious when I hadn't received confirmation of my order (or changes to my account) in two hours. I called Verizon back and was told not to worry - my order was awaiting manager's approval (by the night's end) and would arrive Friday as promised. On top of this, I was told I should receive confirmation soon.

I waited until around 8 pm, still no confirmation, no changes to my account. Naturally, I called back and was told that "there is something on [your] account that [they] haven't seen before" and was put on hold. A few minutes later I was told that the order had indeed been placed and that I should receive it Friday. I said that I had planned my weekend around the phone arrival day, as it requires signature. I also said that it's important to me that I receive some form of written documentation proving that 1) I ordered my phone, and 2) I extended my contract. I was informed that confirmation can take up to 24 hours, and that "if they told me it would arrive Friday, it WOULD."

Keep in mind that when I've ordered online or in store, I've received confirmation immediately - within a few minutes. It is extremely frustrating that changes to my contract aren't reflected on My Verizon, and that I'm basically being given the runaround regarding the shipment of the phone. If they ship it today via 2-day air, it won't arrive until next Tuesday - 2-day air doesn't cover Saturday (unless exception is made), and Monday is a holiday. Unacceptable and I really can't do a thing about it. Complete bs, only Verizon could make something exciting so anxiety-ridden....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss