Called Verizon Today

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You can still get it by being crafty

That varies by zip code. Mine is 95050 and the phone still shows as in stock.

Yeah, you can change your zip and it will let you add to cart if it is still in stock in that area. Use the above or start an online chat w/ support rep and they may be able to advise a zip that has it in stock.

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, you can change your zip and it will let you add to cart if it is still in stock in that area. Use the above or start an online chat w/ support rep and they may be able to advise a zip that has it in stock.

It's still out of stock in my area (NYC area. I tried a few zip codes too), but I did try the CA zip code and it let me order it fine. Odd, but glad I was able to order it.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Still have not ordered the phone. It's almost retail store opening time here on the west coast, so I'm going to be making calls to the stores (+ Best Buy) in my area to see if any of them have them available today already (even though it's technically until the 2nd). No need to hassle with 2-day/overnight/wait-till-Tuesday shipping, and I can play with it INSTANTLY!

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Still have not ordered the phone. It's almost retail store opening time here on the west coast, so I'm going to be making calls to the stores (+ Best Buy) in my area to see if any of them have them available today already (even though it's technically until the 2nd). No need to hassle with 2-day/overnight/wait-till-Tuesday shipping, and I can play with it INSTANTLY!

HTC - Trophy Mobile Phone - Black (Verizon Wireless) - MWP6985VW

Pretty sure all stores (Verizon, Best Buy, etc) wont get them til after the weekend.

hornu007

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Been following the trophy forums for weeks now. I'm currently on a verizon family plan and excited to finally see WP7 available even though I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another year. My girlfriend is on sprint and has the arrive so I've had the chance to play with the OS. Great phone, I love how snappy and smooth it is (very jealous with my sometimes-deathly-slow droid eris).

I saw someone else's post that mentioned when they went to the generic verizon site, the trophy is listed as $199 minus $50 online discount (=$149). Then, when signed into "my verizon," price is $149 minus $50 online discount (=$99). I too found this to be the case. I wonder if it makes a difference whether you are an existing customer (either adding a line or upgrading) or a new one...?

The other thing I notice is that the primary line of my account has an employee discount through the Mayo Clinic and it claims it is eligible for "25% off accessories and great savings on phones." When I look at smartphones (other than the iphone) they are all $50 less than they are listed on the site when not signed into our account. Is this the case for all returning customers or just ones with discounts through their employers?

I know this is getting long but just wanted to let those who are having availability issues know that MN zip codes (56303 at least) still list the trophy in stock.

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just placed my order for my new Trophy!! Still cost me $149 but I did get free overnight shipping. I was adding a new line to my account. Can't wait for tomorrow!

brandonx1000

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So, anybody handle the Trophy yet? any first impressions?

i had a chance to play with it for about an hour the other day. It's a really quick phone. Everything functions so well on it compared to other OS's on the market. The screen looks great, and after owning a 4.3" and 4" device, 3.8 isn't that bad.

They keyboard feels great on screen, but the sound it makes is the only thing that I need to adjust to. It's a lower pitched sound than most other devices.

XBOX Live works great, and I can't wait to install Netflix onto it.

Overall, I haven't been this impressed since the OG Droid. It's finally time for something new.

waywardsuns

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i had a chance to play with it for about an hour the other day. It's a really quick phone. Everything functions so well on it compared to other OS's on the market. The screen looks great, and after owning a 4.3" and 4" device, 3.8 isn't that bad.

They keyboard feels great on screen, but the sound it makes is the only thing that I need to adjust to. It's a lower pitched sound than most other devices.

XBOX Live works great, and I can't wait to install Netflix onto it.

Overall, I haven't been this impressed since the OG Droid. It's finally time for something new.
Hey, thanks for the review! that's some pretty encouraging words... now only if it wasn't sold out.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
They keyboard feels great on screen, but the sound it makes is the only thing that I need to adjust to. It's a lower pitched sound than most other devices..
I sort of like the sound of the kb but wish you could control the volume, or make it a percentage of the overall volume. I tend to keep my volume between 15-20, sometimes higher, an the kb sound could get irritating, especially to pople around me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ThinkFr33ly

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So, anybody handle the Trophy yet? any first impressions?

I played with it for a while in the VZW store. Feels great. Perfect size.

But it's almost certainly not an SLCD screen. The screen was a bit washed out.

Not a deal breaker, but worth noting.

I'll have mine at 10:30 AM tomorrow morning. :)

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
There is a review on that page, a person claiming he bought one today from them.

Odd. The way the review reads, the person makes it sound like they got it at the store.

Something I find a little ironic is that Bing shopping doesn't have the Verizon trophy, yet. :)

ade333

May 26, 2011
Visit site
have one!

My trophy just arrived! Its nice, fast, and very smooth. Breeze to setup. Screen is nice, but not too nice. When I switch to camera mode it's much more impressive. Not sure how to tell if is is SLCD?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)