Called Verizon Today

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So I went to a Verizon store this morning. They have the phones in the store, but they are embargoed until the 2nd. No matter how much I *persuaded* them for it (including bribes...), they refused to sell it to me.

The phone IS available for demo in the store, though, which is nice. The screen looks crisp. I even compared it with my OLED-screen Zune HD, and it looked just as good. Slacker Radio is preinstalled, and there is a Verizonish red background on the lock screen.

JP724

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I placed my order online last night for overnight delivery and received an order confirmation, but have yet to receive a tracking code. Should I be worried? Anyone else in the same boat?

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My trophy just arrived! Its nice, fast, and very smooth. Breeze to setup. Screen is nice, but not too nice. When I switch to camera mode it's much more impressive. Not sure how to tell if is is SLCD?

!!! nice! see if you can gain access to the storage card somehow.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Online order

I placed my order online last night for overnight delivery and received an order confirmation, but have yet to receive a tracking code. Should I be worried? Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep, be worried. I ordered my on the phone yesterday with a guarantee of overnight delivery; I paid for the overnight myself.

I go no notice of shipping and called this morning to find out that orders placed yesterday we held until official release on the website and will ship today. I did get credit on my account for the FedEx charge. It seems that there are two systems involved in the process; order entry and warehouse shipping. Phone orders were accepted but shipping was locked out until this morning.

Leave it to Big Red to not give all the correct info to their various departments.:mad:

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Are they being shipped 'Signature Required' ? Just want to know if I need to be home or if he'll leave it on my doorstep.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it said so on one of the order screens. Somebody mentioned something about calling Fedex and having it get picked up @ the warehouse. Not sure if it's possible, but am going to try as soon as I get my tracking information...

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My tracking info says, indirect signature.

You can certainly call FedEx and have them stop the delivery so you can pickup. You will need to provide ID when you arrive. However, you must keep in mind that all hubs are not accessible to customers. That is, they don't have a customer service center for customer interaction. So you will need to call to confirm.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
When I hook it up to Zune it shows 12.49gb of free space. Is that the info you were looking for?

no i want to see somebody open 'er up and see if the actual storage card can be swapped. i've learned that the international version could be if u tried hard enough, curious about this one.

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Are they being shipped 'Signature Required' ? Just want to know if I need to be home or if he'll leave it on my doorstep.

Indirect Signature Required means that you CAN just leave a DATED signature on a piece of paper on your front door and the driver can then leave the package there.

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Indirect Signature Required means that you CAN just leave a DATED signature on a piece of paper on your front door and the driver can then leave the package there.

This is probably what I would end up doing... although I'm worried that I have yet to receive my confirmation or tracking email. :(

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
There is also an option on the FedEx page for your tracking number to "Hold at FedEx Location". This allows you to pick it up at a FexEx Kinkos or other FedEx office.

It wasn't available for my shipment, so I don't know if it was because of local FedEx or the sender?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99