Sent an email to Verizon about the trophy...

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I sent an email to the address specified on that promotional website, and here's what I received back:

"Thanks for your note (My name). Our testing is incredibly rigorous and the device has yet to pass all aspects of a very comprehensive GTM process. Our culture puts enormous emphasis on network performance and customer experience and to ensure that, devices (obviously inclusive of hardware/firmware/software) are mandated to meet specs and tolerances that are the highest in the industry. Details and timelines are not shared with the sales teams but hopefully we will have some additional news on launch window soon.

Thx!"

EDIT: I sent a quarry to @VZWsupport, which is Verizon's Support line on Twitter. I asked them about the Trophy and this is what I recieved back:

"Currently, We do not have any information on the HTC Trophy device. Pls sign up for an email alert at: http://bit.ly/hMZ39w"

It's funny, the link they told me to click on is a link to the HTC Thunderbolt...

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well at least that's better than AT&T's "no response" on updates. My next, phone will be unbranded, and hopefully a world phone, so I can hold all the cards for once.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for emailing.

So this means it probably wont be this Friday? If they dont give me a date by the end of MIX11, I'll give up and get an iPhone.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I give them till the 15th after that I NEED a new phone so I might get an iphone and sell it when the trophy comes out to my brother-in-law. I really don't want android I hear way to much bad about them and everytime I see an htc android phone it looks like my imagio and I get nightmares about have to turn my phone on it's side just to unfreeze it so I can texted someone.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for emailing.

So this means it probably wont be this Friday? If they dont give me a date by the end of MIX11, I'll give up and get an iPhone.

Check out my comments on the "Called Verizon" post....I'm a midwest area corporate VZW rep at one of our regional headquarters.....there is absolutely no talk, training, or mention of any Windows phone going on at all. We just got a brief of new phones being released over the next month and no Windows phone to speak of.

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just updated my post with a twitter conversation.

Check out my comments on the "Called Verizon" post....I'm a midwest area corporate VZW rep at one of our regional headquarters.....there is absolutely no talk, training, or mention of any Windows phone going on at all. We just got a brief of new phones being released over the next month and no Windows phone to speak of.

Thanks for this information. I really hope it will come out soon.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Just updated my post with a twitter conversation.

Thanks for this information. I really hope it will come out soon.

We got our intro to the Blackberry Playbook today, and looks like we'll be trained on the Moto Bionic and Samsung Charge within the next few weeks, but no info whatsoever on anything by Windows

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett