What now

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
smart dj is pretty nice if you have a zune pass.

think pandora but with the option to just add whatever it picks to your collection without having to go buy it.

i love my zuneHD, and the zune feature of windows phones is a big part of why i really want the platform.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
MS would be extremely dumb not to put Smart DJ in Mango; it was already idiotic for them to leave it out of the initial release.

Unless you have a very vast and varied music collection, Smart DJ without Zune Pass gets old fast, because it basically becomes just a genre playlist. Where it really shines is when you tie it in with the Pass because then it will get songs from the Marketplace that are not in your collection, allowing you to discover new music in a cool new way. I tried Zune Pass free for a month back when Zune HD was released and discovered a number of new songs that I would've never known had it not been for Smart DJ.

When Mango is released and this God forsaken wireless company finally releases a Windows Phone, I will probably start paying for Zune Pass as it will become truly awesome with on-the-go Smart DJ, all for less than $15/month (and 10 free tracks!).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This will be my very first smartphone, so I'm simply looking forward to something that's not my dumbphone.

What I do understand, though, is that these phones are NOT computers. They can do a lot more than a dumbphone, but we can't expect miracles. This is 2011, after all. Also I've spent a small amount of time with several iPhones and even less with a Droid, an Epic and a Focus, so I have a tiny taste of the limitations of a smartphone but find myself impressed by what it can do. But access to my Word & Excel docs, full Hotmail and Gmail access, Google Voice app, XBL, Zune, Netflix ..... this is going to be really cool for a dumbphone user like me.
Actually, these phones ARE computers. The phone in my pocket is infinitely more powerful than the Apple ][+ that I wrote my first program on. The space shuttles, basically, have run on the same technology that that old Apple was running. Now, if the phone is infinitely more powerful than what launched Columbia in 1979, do you still think it's not a computer?

Random of Amber

May 12, 2011
Visit site
MS would be extremely dumb not to put Smart DJ in Mango; it was already idiotic for them to leave it out of the initial release.

Unless you have a very vast and varied music collection, Smart DJ without Zune Pass gets old fast, because it basically becomes just a genre playlist. Where it really shines is when you tie it in with the Pass because then it will get songs from the Marketplace that are not in your collection, allowing you to discover new music in a cool new way. I tried Zune Pass free for a month back when Zune HD was released and discovered a number of new songs that I would've never known had it not been for Smart DJ.

When Mango is released and this God forsaken wireless company finally releases a Windows Phone, I will probably start paying for Zune Pass as it will become truly awesome with on-the-go Smart DJ, all for less than $15/month (and 10 free tracks!).

Yeah I've been a Zune Pass subscriber pretty much since the beginning of the service and love it. I've only had a Zune 30 device (which doesn't have SmartDJ), so using the Trophy will be a nice step up for me.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have over $1M in poker winnings and have played around 650 games of hearts on my Zune HD. :D

MS stole the Zune team to put WP7 together, so there are very few apps, but I think WP7 was worth it.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok now that we have a date and someone with insider info (thanks wireless vet) what is the 1st thing you are going to do with your shiny new wp7 phone on verizon's network.

I for one am just looking forward to a nonbuggy phone that I can actually text on. I've been going back and forth between a imagio and a storm. They both are way messed up and I am just trying to make it to the trophy. So with the storm freezing and the imagio's screen being way off no matter how many times I try and align it I'm just looking forward to texting.

If you're on an imagio, you should be able to use letter recognizer or block recognizer without having to worry *too* much about the alignment.

I for one will miss resistive touchscreens. :( Still holding out on my Omnia 2 until that Trophy comes out. Then I will put my 3DS in a gold box and guard it with my life until the combo-platter screens start coming out!

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok just got it ordered so hopefully in a few days I'll be able to tell everyone exactlly what I'm doing when I open it and pull it out and get to do all the things I've thought about doing.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I for one will miss resistive touchscreens. :( Still holding out on my Omnia 2 until that Trophy comes out. Then I will put my 3DS in a gold box and guard it with my life until the combo-platter screens start coming out!
I was very worried about giving up my resistive touch screen and even purchased a spare Tilt2, figuring it might be a couple years before they came out with capacitive/resistive combo screens (have already seen them tested). Then I tried out my Surround at the store and was like "wow". I occasionally miss not having the accuracy of a stylus, but not enough for it to matter.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos