What now

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok now that we have a date and someone with insider info (thanks wireless vet) what is the 1st thing you are going to do with your shiny new wp7 phone on verizon's network.

I for one am just looking forward to a nonbuggy phone that I can actually text on. I've been going back and forth between a imagio and a storm. They both are way messed up and I am just trying to make it to the trophy. So with the storm freezing and the imagio's screen being way off no matter how many times I try and align it I'm just looking forward to texting.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok now that we have a date and someone with insider info (thanks wireless vet) what is the 1st thing you are going to do with your shiny new wp7 phone on verizon's network.

I for one am just looking forward to a nonbuggy phone that I can actually text on. I've been going back and forth between a imagio and a storm. They both are way messed up and I am just trying to make it to the trophy. So with the storm freezing and the imagio's screen being way off no matter how many times I try and align it I'm just looking forward to texting.

Don't be too confident in software even WP7 has it's faults but I guess I would have to say that it's much better than Android and BB. Pitted against iOS they'd be neck n neck I believe.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the chance to play with a arrive for about a week and yeah there was some shortcomings it faired tons better then anything else I've tried and I was able to text with far less errors then even the iphone 4.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the keyboard. Try and imagio or a storm and you'll know how bad I've had it for 2 years. I'm done with it. I just want a phone that works.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
the iphone keyboard just has speed going for it. almost every time i have to use it, i end up wanting to throw my phone against a wall because it keeps pressing the wrong letters.

the first thing i'm going to do is sync up my music and enjoy the zune UI on a larger screen.

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Easy One

I have had a list going of what apps I would like:

Set up email accounts
Set up Xbox Live account

Facebook
Vivino (I am a big vino fan)
Angry Birds
Weather App

Import address list (I always use a new phone as a excuse to reduce my contacts)

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
This will be my very first smartphone, so I'm simply looking forward to something that's not my dumbphone.

What I do understand, though, is that these phones are NOT computers. They can do a lot more than a dumbphone, but we can't expect miracles. This is 2011, after all. Also I've spent a small amount of time with several iPhones and even less with a Droid, an Epic and a Focus, so I have a tiny taste of the limitations of a smartphone but find myself impressed by what it can do. But access to my Word & Excel docs, full Hotmail and Gmail access, Google Voice app, XBL, Zune, Netflix ..... this is going to be really cool for a dumbphone user like me.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
WP7applist - Windows Phone 7 apps news, reviews, deals, price drops

I've been using this site to keep track of apps I'm interested in. You can create an account and build a list of apps you want, so every time I come across an interesting app review (like on wpcentral for example) I'll go there and add it to my list.

I already have a pretty big list of apps, so the first thing I'll probably do when I get the Trophy is grab everything that's on my list.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well from all I've heard wp7 is pretty stable too. I'm hoping that's true and when I get mine I'll sure put it to the test. I know windows mobile isn't stable, I don't know about current blackberry's but the storm had to be battery pulled once a day. Andriod I haven't had much experience with but I hear the have lots of crashes, hack's, viruses, and all the stuff that makes me stay away. Ios has been pretty stable but there are some cracks in their arrmor. My fiancee has a iphone 4 and apps have frozen needing a restart and sometimes when she clicks on an app it quickly shuts down needing clicked on again. I know wp7 isn't perfect and I know it's far from it but.....they seem to be listening to the customers and that's the biggest thing for me. So that's what I'm looking foward to.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
@Louie,

Stable is an understatement ! I'm telling you flat out.. I have been using this Sammy Focus .. and its been two weeks since it was restarted (and that was to add a microSD).. I have YET to see the phone freeze .. misbehaving apps simply close and you go reopen it.. (which I must add is very rare IME so far).

Your question was "What now?" just prepare for the most enjoyable phone experience ever ! I am not making this up ! Its outstanding.. I occassionally wish I had things like Turn by Turn .. but I will forgo that for this wonderful experience.. ZUNE is freaking awesome ! The games are outstanding.. I dunno.. I cant say enough... given MS still has some hurdles to catch up functionality wise (thinking sockets/true multitask) but I must say they have provided a great start !

Enjoy ! Is all I can say .. its really well done!

Last edited:

Biased123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
WP7applist - Windows Phone 7 apps news, reviews, deals, price drops

I've been using this site to keep track of apps I'm interested in. You can create an account and build a list of apps you want, so every time I come across an interesting app review (like on wpcentral for example) I'll go there and add it to my list.

I already have a pretty big list of apps, so the first thing I'll probably do when I get the Trophy is grab everything that's on my list.

Thanks!

Got my list ready to go as soon as that Trophy hits... Great website...

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well from all I've heard wp7 is pretty stable too. I'm hoping that's true and when I get mine I'll sure put it to the test.

The one thing I can guarantee is WP7 is stable. Coming from Tilt2 -WM6.5, freezes were daily occurances. And the lag. None of that on WP. I have tested over 200 apps/games and currently have 150 installed. The only reason I have needed to soft reset the past couple months have been due to the Marketplace app crashing ad that was corrected with the NoDo update. So no reset since last week for my Surround.

As long as you can accept and live with some familiar features missing till Mango hits later this year WP7 will be right for you. All the things that this phone can do, that others can't, makes up forits temporary shortcomings.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You guys are killing me.... I want this phone so bad and you're making this harder for me because I'm ok with what it doesn't have (yet) what I want is what it does have. Which I don't have to say what everybody here already knows

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The thing I'm most excited about is not having to carry around both my Zune HD and Windows Mobile phone anymore. One device to rule them all!

Oh, and A2DP. 'nuff said :-D

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
how is the zune hd I've been curious about it mainly because I hate the way apple does everything but I guess now that the wp's are the next step after that it's not very relevant

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Zune HD couldn't be further from the HypeTouch, the device itself is very svelte with square and trapezoidal angles, brushed metal, very industrial looking. UI-wise, very similar to Windows Phone 7 (it's actually vice versa). Dual home screen: on one side, the menu (music, videos, podcasts, marketplace, etc.), on the other side, an iconic listing of pinned, new and recent media items. Fully integrated with all Zune services: Zune Pass, Smart DJ, Marketplace picks, some apps/games. And that's before you plug it in to the HD-out dock, which offers 720p playback of music, pictures and of course video.

Its two Achilles heels: no Bluetooth stereo, and no in-device streaming/downloading of podcasts.

I've had it for almost two years, and other than the last paragraph, have had no complaints.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss