Verizon does not release phone dates ?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Seems dumb. They only announce phones they expect to sell a bunch of. But just maybe if they announced the phones they "don't" expect to sell a bunch of, they would sell more. Guess that's why I don't work for Verizon. I don't get it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
As I've said multiple times in the other thread, MOST (not all), phone "releases" are extremely overblown by the fan and speculatory websites.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
As I've said multiple times in the other thread, MOST (not all), phone "releases" are extremely overblown by the fan and speculatory websites.
Got it. But I honestly still don't get why Verizon (or any other carrier) thinks that not releasing information about an uneventful phone (their thoughts, not mine) is a good thing.

You should read about the Gold Bond (powder) effect. A no name company started heavily advertising their flagship product six months before it ever hit the market and by the time it finally did, there was such a demand it immediately jumped into a very competitive market. Pure genius. This almost reminds me of that approach, but without spending a dime. The Verizon/HTC Trophy is not a secret. The only secret may be that Verizon had changed their minds. Guess we will all know by June 30th.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site

That, and the fact that even big releases such as the Charge and Thunderbolt get ninja-delayed. If something is found at the last minute that could affect customer perception in a bad way right off the bat, whether it be data provisioning issues in our billing system or bugs in the OS, phone gets delayed.

I poked the leads about it since they often get to beta these sorts of things, and their reaction was pretty much "business as usual". LOL Basically, don't take it personally when it comes to this phone. VZW is habitually crazy-cautious about stuff like this, because it's always the network first. It's annoying when it's the device that you want rather than network performance, but it's not like the Trophy is being picked on.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you polychrome for at least understanding us the customer and letting us know we're not alone and why somethings happen

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So all these Trophy's are in Asia, sitting in tote trays waiting to get flashed with a proper ROM. That is bad news. And if its not a device issue but a Verizon system issue instead, that's worse. Not like they haven't had a year to work on it. Glad I am not a Verizon customer. Was once many, many years ago but they had this problem with something called Bluetooth. I have no idea how you Verizon hopefuls are coping. Go a lot more patience than I do.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So all these Trophy's are in Asia, sitting in tote trays waiting to get flashed with a proper ROM. That is bad news. And if its not a device issue but a Verizon system issue instead, that's worse. Not like they haven't had a year to work on it. Glad I am not a Verizon customer. Was once many, many years ago but they had this problem with something called Bluetooth. I have no idea how you Verizon hopefuls are coping. Go a lot more patience than I do.

we're just used to it, verizon has never been fast at doing anything in the entire history of the company.

it's always always been, great network+crappy phones=verizon.

what's really odd is even with all the slow testing/release verizon does, they still manage to release some really buggy phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianKlux