Not in the VZW Inventory

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I took my daily trip to a Verizon Wireless company store and whipped out the brochure, pointed to the Trophy, and asked, "when?" As always, they said the usual "we don't know", " we haven't heard anything", "we're not sure if it will even be released", blah blah blah...

But then the salesman said something very interesting that I'm surprised no one has talked about already, and that's that, according to him, the Trophy isn't even in their online database inventory. He then compared it to something called the Samsung Revolution, or Crapolution, whatever, one of Verizon's other thousand Google phones, and said that even though this device has not been released yet, it is already in their inventory.

What this all means is that I will probably not hold my breath for a release even this month. He told me that at this point, he would peg the release no earlier than late June, given its nonexistence in the inventory.

I know we have a couple of Verizon reps on this forum, and I'd like to hear their thoughts on this new development.

mbair

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a booklet in the stores that shows the Trophy as coming soon.

Also it is in electronic format on the website.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
What I'm asking, though, is if it's accurate and correct that if a device isn't in your inventory yet, if that means that we shouldn't be expecting an imminent release. Meaning, is that evidence that we will probably not see the phone until late June, at the earliest?

As for my routine of visiting the Verizon store, whipping out the brochure, pointing at the Trophy and asking "when", well I just like to get straight to the point. I am there for one thing and one thing only: to get as much insider information as possible about the Verizon Trophy phone. Also, if you don't provide them empirical evidence of the phone (hence, the brochure), they will deny it even exists...

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I know other people have mentioned it, but I'm starting to think we'll get something official on the 26th.

This Verizon brochure and the 26th Mango event are the only two places I've seen with red tiles.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Just made my weekly stop at the two Corporate stores in my area. One had the deer in the headlights look again and the second one tapped on his computer and said that late June looked like the earliest. He may have been looking at Playboy on line for all I know.

Dadguuuuummmmm it.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So, any thoughts, Verizon reps?

In a nutshell, meaningless. :p Every release is a little different, but some they really do wait until the last nanosecond for. I can't put it any other way I'm afraid...

Now granted, I'm going by the calling-center billing system, not the store system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750