Post your HTC Trophy Reviews

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
You mean when you receive a 160+ char text? No. It puts them all together into one when you get it. At least that's been my experience when receiving long ones from another Verizon user (on an Android device I think).

Pretty nice upgrade from my old Touch Pro 2 that would split them. But just about everything on the Trophy is an upgrade for me. :)
I meant when typing. With the Arrive, it prevents you from typing after 160 characters while with the pre-NoDo/GSM devices I think you're able to keep typing. Just wondering if it's a NoDo-preinstalled/CDMA thing or just a problem with Sprint's Arrive.

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for almost a week now. I love it aside from the crazy battery and a few things that aren't all that important to me.

The camera is very grainy. Not a big deal to me because when I need to take pictures I generally use the gf's point and shoot which takes good pictures.

The screen is not OLED of SLCD. Which isn't too big a deal, but the lighter black levels bug the **** out of me.

Everything else (Mainly no custom ring tones and only 16 bit color support.) will be addressed in Mango.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I meant when typing. With the Arrive, it prevents you from typing after 160 characters while with the pre-NoDo/GSM devices I think you're able to keep typing. Just wondering if it's a NoDo-preinstalled/CDMA thing or just a problem with Sprint's Arrive.
FYI, post-NoDo GSM devices have no problem with typing after 160 characters, or 320 for that matter. On my screen it actually shows the two messages a one. So I don't think its a limitation of the OS, pre or post NoDo. My guess is it's something the carrier requested/specified for some silly reason. Wish Microsoft would just explain why already and take the mystery out of it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

dtzitz

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just paid full retail for my Trophy today. I really like this phone. The lack of google chat puts a damper on things but it's not the end of the world. Looking forward to updates and in general looking forward to an update process that is a little less like the android updating process (see mayhem/chaos/0 process)

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine today (arriving tomorrow) and I forgot that MS decided to screw WP7 users over with the hidden microSD card. While I am no stranger to opening up devices to get things done this is something that should be part of future WP7 devices, or this will likely be my last one.

Still after having Palm OS, PPC, BlackBerry, Android and iOS (skipped WebOS) this will be my first WP7 device. Based on the over all reviews of the OS, and the upcoming Mango update I thought I would give it a try. Hopefully this won't let me down.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
lovE it more now since I upgraded the memory to 32GB baby!

Sent from my Trophy
nice! which card did you get? is the card also rated faster than the OEM and if so did you notice improvement in responsiveness?

I just ordered mine today (arriving tomorrow) and I forgot that MS decided to screw WP7 users over with the hidden microSD card. While I am no stranger to opening up devices to get things done this is something that should be part of future WP7 devices, or this will likely be my last one.

Still after having Palm OS, PPC, BlackBerry, Android and iOS (skipped WebOS) this will be my first WP7 device. Based on the over all reviews of the OS, and the upcoming Mango update I thought I would give it a try. Hopefully this won't let me down.
I'm anxious to hear your take on it after using all the other platforms - do post up your thoughts!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss