Where/How did you get your Trophy

theawddone

May 11, 2011
Visit site
just got back from buying mine at a local best buy. they are shipping it from their warehouse.

$120 after the bb rep price-matched the $30 "loyalty discount" that VZW was giving me - super-awesome that they did this. $5 for express (overnight) shipping. and of course the data plan on top of it all.

I bought mine at a local verizon store today because my local best buy had no idea when they were getting it in ("Months maybe" he said). Maybe I should have done this because I have a >$200 best buy gift card I had been saving just for this, but I did not want to wait any longer. Does the VZW return policy allow me to return this phone and then get the one at best buy, still for the new contract cost? It sounds like I could get a lot better price, too. I have to mail in for the $50 "debit card" rebit, and still the cost would be $180 after tax...

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If the Verizon-purchased phone has been opened/activated, than you will have to pay a $35 restocking fee. You have 14 days to return the phone.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying...not sure. Will defer to our resident Verizon employee posters for the answer. I think you would lose the NE2 for sure, if you had one/used it.

ThinkFr33ly

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got mine at 11am this morning. The local VZW store in Boston had it FedEx overnight to the store for me from one of their warehouses.

So far - loving it. :)

theawddone

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You will have to pay restocking, but that shouldn't be a problem (80% sure) just make sure they adjust your account.

Bleh, I wish I had been just patient enough to wait a day...should not have taken what the best buy representative said 100% =\

Thanks for the info.

rkiels

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine was delivered at 11 this morning but I wasn't able to pick it up from my apartment office until 2. I love it! Question: I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the password protection on the lock screen, anybody got any advice?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine was delivered at 11 this morning but I wasn't able to pick it up from my apartment office until 2. I love it! Question: I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the password protection on the lock screen, anybody got any advice?
Settings/Lock & Wallpaper/Password Off-On. Did you enable the password?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

rkiels

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, see that's the thing. I see where it says Password "On", but there's no option/toggle to turn it off! I did enable the password when I was prompted (or maybe I accidentaly tapped) but now I'm regretting that decision.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, see that's the thing. I see where it says Password "On", but there's no option/toggle to turn it off! I did enable the password when I was prompted (or maybe I accidentaly tapped) but now I'm regretting that decision.
There is another thread stating that you are required to turn on the password feature when starting up the phone (Trophy), but someone mentioned it might be an Exchange requirement (assuming a user has an Exchange account connected to their Live ID). After a hard reset I get the message but ignore it. Never use a password. If you have an option to avoid it you might want to do a hard reset now, before you get too much loaded on the phone. All your Live ID stuff will come right back.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Got mine at 11am this morning. The local VZW store in Boston had it FedEx overnight to the store for me from one of their warehouses.

So far - loving it. :)

Yea Boston Fan !! Go Bruins !!...
LOL had to say that
Love my windows phone you now need to get the espn app to keep up with the SOX...

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine online at 12:05 AM, paid $64 which including overnight delivery! Thanks to WPCentral and my obsession with the UI, I got the phone at 2PM Friday and was up and running with my Outlook work account and my five other accounts within an hour (including full charge). I've been in phone heaven ever since. Sweet!

@joecatskill

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered both mine and my roommate's online through Verizon day of release. Paid $69.99 and $99.99 for them respectively. We had been waiting for months for Verizon to offer WP7 devices and suffering with our old crappy phones. Had them within 2 days and we love them. They're HUGE upgrades over what we had. (LG Dare and a Blackberry)

pardizzone

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine online at VZW on the day it was released, picked it up for $49.99 after all the promos (NE2/extra $100 off). Just ordered one today for the wife from the MS store for $0.01, free overnight. Great deal!

amgray86

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I ordered it from Verizon on the 26th, activated on the 27th, just returned it yesterday as i was still within the 14 day trial period, and as soon as it is processed and i am refunded i am going to buy it from Microsoft for $0.01!

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
Waiting For Mine

Ordered from MS Store for $0.01. That really is quite a deal. You get the phone for a penny, and you get about $50 worth of XBox points and in some cases (not mine unfortunately) also an XBox game. If the game is roughly $50 then MS is essentially paying you nearly $100 to take the phone.

The offer is only good until July (don't remember which day, but early in July I think).

Certainly worth a look.

I have an LG Quantum that I use for work (I'm a developer), but I wanted something to replace my personal Pre Plus.

Based on my experience with the Quantum, I thought the OS was awefully slow with network access (even over wi-fi), but a friend with a Focus showed me that his just zinged through pages. They are both on AT&T and he was faster over 3g that I was on wi-fi!

Once I saw that I decided to give the Trophy a try since I'm pretty well settled with Verizon (virtually all family are on VZW so mobile to mobile is free...).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss