I imagine that everybody gets the notification upon booting their phones for the first time that they need to set up a password. After doing so now everytime my screen locks and I swipe to unlock it I'm forced to enter the password. Needless to say that's aggravating and hardly the 'glance and go' experience that sells the platform! When going to settings>lock&wallpaper I'm not given the option to turn the password On or Off, it's just stuck ON. I have the option to change the password, but that's not what I need. Is this across all Trophies? I've already reset the phone but that did no good.
    05-28-2011 10:48 AM
    Nobody else has this?
    05-28-2011 12:36 PM
    Its probably forced by your exchange server.
    05-28-2011 12:41 PM
    Well that would really suck if it was not an Exchange requirement as noted. Don't use or need a password to open my phone. Never did, never will.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-28-2011 12:45 PM
    Its probably forced by your exchange server.
    This is my guess as well. This is my personal phone and I don't have to use a password on mine. On my work provided BB Storm, they forced a change a few months after I got it make all users use a password.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    05-28-2011 12:59 PM
    Yes the exchange server can actually force the policy on the phone just like a domain controller can on a PC. A lot corporate exchange servers do this so if you lose your phone some random person doesn't have access to their confidential email.
    05-28-2011 01:23 PM
    Problem solved. It was the exchange email but it wasn't enough to just remove it. I had to remove and then do a hard reset. What a pain. I didn't have to to that with my BB Tour. Glad I'm through with that school now and no longer need the emails on the go.
    05-28-2011 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD