Getting trophy and a new notebook

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi sorry for all the questions. I was wondering I'm getting the Trophy Wed and in a month or so I will be getting a new notebook. My question is is it easy to transfer all my apps and music as well as zune from my old notebook to the new notebook.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Apps won't matter. Info relating to your downloaded apps is saved in the cloud so nothing on your PC. Media (music, video & photo) is another story. Unless you move your folders intact from one PC the the other, syncing my her confused. I would definitely sync the phone with the old PC just before you trying syncing with the new PC, as things like your Camera Roll photo color may get overwritten in the process. I plug my phone into two PCs, and Zune launches on both, but only sync to one PC, so not sure exactly what will happen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
zune essentially just monitors folders to build your library.

so you just need to tell it to monitor the folders on your new computer with your music and pictures and videos in it, and it should rebuilt the library the same way.

as for apps, like jimski said, they aren't stored locally.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
zune essentially just monitors folders to build your library.

so you just need to tell it to monitor the folders on your new computer with your music and pictures and videos in it, and it should rebuilt the library the same way.
Hmm, I have not tried that so you may be right. Problem is I have 10+ GB of music in the My Music folder but only sync about 4GB of that. Same for My Pictures and My Videos. I don't want to move everything I sync into separate folders on my PC and then tell Zune to sync everything. So I select the sub-folders or specific files I want to sync. As a result Zune will not remember any of the sync history after a factory reset, or moving to a new PC as I would assume. But syncing works fine provided I don't need to reset.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Ya as far as the specific items to sync, there is no way to transfer that over to another computer...

For music, I find making a playlist fir the phone and then telling Zune to sync that works well, and that can be moved over to another install as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital