Let me see some camera love....don't have the phone yet but would like to see some imagery!
    05-31-2011 08:02 AM
    Here are some pics that I took recently. One is outdoors, good lighting, no attempt at framing anything though. Other is inside, relatively low lighting, and attempted focus on the food... They turned out "okay", I probably could have put more effort into the food shot to make it look better, but I wanted to eat!
    Photo Album - Imgur
    05-31-2011 02:17 PM
    Here are mine.
    05-31-2011 04:43 PM
    Pictures of food/drinks at dinner.
    06-03-2011 12:22 PM
    Here are a few pictures I've taken so far. So far the results have been pretty decent for a phone... at least in my opinion.

And in case anyone is wondering, those were Trophy's that we got in at work to replace Blackberry devices. I was happily surprised at the number of people who switched their order from Thunderbolt's to Trophy's once Verizon gave us a firm release date on it.
    Last edited by TheArcaneFlame; 06-07-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    EJNelly likes this.
    06-07-2011 11:27 AM
    How do you get the details (date/size) of the picture on the phone?
    can you email the origianl picture?

So far I am only able to email 400 KB pictures and I cant find a setting to send original size. I am assuming 5MP takes pictures that are a lot larger then 400 KB.

TIA!
    06-15-2011 02:16 PM
    Only way to get original size and all the same metadata is to take the actual file off the phone. You have to sync with zune to do this.
    06-15-2011 03:28 PM
    Thats what I was afraid of.....
    06-15-2011 04:24 PM
    camera quality is horrible compared to my droid X, along with iphone4 and palm pre +. Anyone know if this will possibly be improved with mango?
    06-22-2011 10:12 PM
    camera quality is horrible compared to my droid X, along with iphone4 and palm pre +. Anyone know if this will possibly be improved with mango?
    All HTC devices are known to have poor camera quality.
    06-28-2011 09:33 AM
    Any suggestions on how to clean the lens? My HTC Trophy has lint or something on the inside that is making pics blurry in some areas.
    07-27-2011 11:21 PM
    Figure it's been a while since anybody has posted in here it must be time to liven it up.

Pic #1 is a hand print my GF left on the back of her brother.
    Pic #2 was taken by the three year old son of a family friend.
    Pic #3 is a firework.
    Pic #4 BBQ. :)
    Pic#5 My puppy after a run through the sprinklers.

Since each post is limited to 5 attachments I'll probably make another post. But for now I must leave and actually make an attempt at being productive today.
    08-07-2011 01:56 PM
    More.
    08-07-2011 06:09 PM
    Here are a few pictures I've taken so far. So far the results have been pretty decent for a phone... at least in my opinion.

And in case anyone is wondering, those were Trophy's that we got in at work to replace Blackberry devices. I was happily surprised at the number of people who switched their order from Thunderbolt's to Trophy's once Verizon gave us a firm release date on it.
    So is the staff enjoying their Trophys ?
    I hope so..
    08-08-2011 11:48 AM
    I took a few night time pictures last night and they came out pretty good with the Trophy.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_000013.jpg  
    09-04-2011 06:34 AM
    Here's a photo I took at the lake a while back.
    11B1P and TheArcaneFlame like this.
    09-07-2011 10:44 AM
    I thought I'd share this photo with you all, took it a couple days ago at my local supermarket, architecture there's really nice and this caught my eye.

Morrisons Wednesbury | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    That's my Flickr link if you wish to see the EXIF of the photo.
    10-04-2011 07:26 PM
    So is the staff enjoying their Trophys ?
    I hope so..
    Hadn't seen this question until just now... But yes, we've received really great feedback from users who choose the Trophy. To the best of my knowledge nobody has regretted that choice. People are amazed at how easy it is to use and how fast and stable it is. I have no doubt that we'll end up with more people switching to Windows Phone when they're up for new devices. Sure would be nice if Verizon would get their head out of their ***, throw some real support behind Windows Phone and offer up some premium handsets.
    Last edited by TheArcaneFlame; 02-08-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
    Teddywestside likes this.
    01-24-2012 05:39 PM
    I have no idea how you guys get good pictures with the Trophy. Mine takes absolutely horribly pictures. I feel like I'm using a flip-phone camera.
    02-27-2012 12:56 PM
    I have no idea how you guys get good pictures with the Trophy. Mine takes absolutely horribly pictures. I feel like I'm using a flip-phone camera.
    The trick is to remove the plastic "lens" that is in front of the actual CCD. The area will gunk up from time to time, but it's easy to clean. You can get some amazing shots with the trick.

HTC uses plastic lens cover which scratches in about a week after you buy the phone. Most shots will end up cloudy and get worse and worse as the phone ages.
    03-29-2012 02:27 PM
    The trick is to remove the plastic "lens" that is in front of the actual CCD. The area will gunk up from time to time, but it's easy to clean. You can get some amazing shots with the trick.

HTC uses plastic lens cover which scratches in about a week after you buy the phone. Most shots will end up cloudy and get worse and worse as the phone ages.
    Interesting, that photo looks really nice. I've noticed that the little plastic piece that protects the lens is pretty scratched up on my phone.

Care to elaborate on how you removed it? How much of a chance is there of damaging the actual lens without the plastic there to protect it?
    03-29-2012 03:35 PM
    Care to elaborate on how you removed it? How much of a chance is there of damaging the actual lens without the plastic there to protect it?
    Use an Xacto knife and go real slow. The clear plastic piece is quite a bit bigger than the round area you see, so it will take some time. It's pretty much impossible to damage the actual lens since there is appears to be a piece of glass covering the ccd. You really just have a gaping hole that will collect dust. I clean mine out about once a week. Even with this, it's better than unusable photos.

I've attached another picture from an HD7 that had the same trick done to it.
    thed likes this.
    03-30-2012 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD