questions about my trophy, you might be able to help?

sangwl

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
HI guys, got my trophy yesterday, love everything about it thus far.

a few things though,

1. some texts that I do on the phone show the contacts name and it shows a "call back at #" where as other texts from other people don't show that, how do I disable or get rid of the call back at # feature?

2. no notifications using Facebook, it would be cool if the tile was live and it gave me notifications, simply as a number, similar to email...

Other then that, the phone is great. The screen is what it is, the orange isn't as orange as I thought it would be, the phone is solid and sleek feeling in the hands, even though its not that thin....

the software is still new to me, but its pretty intuitive and easy to use.....

thanks for any help guys

sang

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I asked the same question #1 in the General forum. It appears to only happen with Verizon contacts and it's infuriating.

You also don't get the Delivered notification Verizon offers unless you ask for delivery confirmation, which rather than giving a D actually sends you a new text which takes up space in the conversation and makes the same notification noise as a regular text, making you think someone responded to you.

Frustrating. Very, very frustrating. These two, combined with the hardcoded 5 minute snooze in the calendar, is making me rethink the device. There have been other annoyances but these two (well, three) are nearly gamebreakers.

sangwl

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I asked the same question #1 in the General forum. It appears to only happen with Verizon contacts and it's infuriating.

You also don't get the Delivered notification Verizon offers unless you ask for delivery confirmation, which rather than giving a D actually sends you a new text which takes up space in the conversation and makes the same notification noise as a regular text, making you think someone responded to you.

Frustrating. Very, very frustrating. These two, combined with the hardcoded 5 minute snooze in the calendar, is making me rethink the device. There have been other annoyances but these two (well, three) are nearly gamebreakers.

Thanks Judge for the response,

that makes sense now. that is rather annoying.

as for the snooze, that doesn't btoher me.

thanks again for the info, makes much snse now. Your delivery thing is true too, i'm used to BB where it just simply notifies me D for delivered and R for read.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, BBM had the R for read, but you didn't have it with SMS.

There are a number of things I absolutely despise about this OS right now. Little things that I find nonsensical and hope are changed, though some can't be (would it really have been hard to give us a button to quickly end calls? I miss that, and wonder why there's so much wasted space on the standard call screen where a speakerphone button could easily be placed to save time.)

The callback, though, is insanity to me.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
95% of modern smartphones don't have physical send and end buttons. it's just something everyone has to get used to.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
95% of modern smartphones don't have physical send and end buttons. it's just something everyone has to get used to.

I didn't want a physical send button, I wanted enter for send. Like most phones.

And "something everyone has to get used to" is idiotic. If something is bad design it's bad design. Ending a call on this device is too slow of a process, particularly if you're driving. It's awful design. Yes, Apple loves having as few buttons as possible, and that gave us some horrific mouse design. Why are we all copying them with smartphones?

Why get used to something that's bad when it's so insanely easy to be fixed in the future?

The whole process of starting a call on this, switching it to speaker, then ending that call is ridiculously distracting while in the car. Pointlessly so. There's no reason the speaker button is buried in a menu and no reason the end call button is so tiny and oddly placed.

compurocker

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't help with starting or ending calls, but for speakerphone, could you lay the phone on its face on the center console, dashboard, or seat next to you? Laying it on its face throws it into speaker without needing to go into any menus.

5 minute snooze will kill me. WinMo 6.5 was like that too and I installed a hack to get back the standard snooze options I was used to. Lack of any sort of tasks functionality will kill me, too. I use my smartphone primarily for calendar and tasks, especially with reminders. I often set reminders well in advance of a meeting or deadline to give me time to prep, and then snooze them until an appropriate time to be reminded just prior to the event. Especially with events that are months into the future which I may forget about between now and then. I guess I'll need to set the first reminder, then when that one goes off edit the event and set a new reminder.

Hopefully some of the 500 new features in Mango will address these areas. Or maybe there's a good app out there that can. Or I can program an app myself if I have to.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i would like an option for enter to send a text, but a lot of times, i space out sentences in texts for legibility, and like having the enter drop a line instead of send.

but options are always good.

as for the end button being hard to end calls while in the car, you really shouldn't be handling the phone in the car, use a headset (wired or wireless) and the problem of ending calls becomes nonexistent, as they all have buttons on them to do that.

plus, it's safer.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
and like having the enter drop a line instead of send.

shift-enter.

you really shouldn't be handling the phone in the car

But it happens, and manufacturers shouldn't be making it more difficult. That doesn't prevent it.

you really shouldn't be handling the phone in the car, use a headset (wired or wireless)

No. That's what speakerphone is for. That's what bluetooth systems built into your car's stereo are for.

The "deal with it" thing still blows me away. "Getting up and walking to the TV is a pain in the ***, but it's what manufacturers want us to do. We all have to learn to deal with it. Plus it's safer this way, as you burn calories. What, you expect someone to invent something that makes the product better?"

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm lost here....

What is slow about pressing end call ? or .. speaker phone ? forgive my ignorance... I'm looking at my phone.. there is a speaker phone and end call button on the screen when I place a call ...

or are you not on the dial pad ?

5 minute snooze will surely be addressed in Mango...

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
if people aside from blackberry users actually found not having an end button a real issue, i'm sure more manuf would have wasted space on devices and put it back.

but most people don't seem to mind hitting a button on the screen instead of a physical button. personally, i don't see how one is any better than the other. you still have to bring the phone in the same position to hit either really.

bluetooth systems built into your car should be able to end calls, i know the ones that are in my cars do this just fine.

the "deal with it" is more like a "get used to it because it's not bad"

in the end, you need to realize that the phone is not a blackberry, and thus, will not do things the same way as blackberry does them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2