screen protector

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi I was wondering how many people have screen protectors on their trophy. I actually had an HTC incredible screen protector on which didn't cover the whole thing. I ordered one online and long story short it was crap and I couldn't use it. What is everyone take on screen protectors?

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm taking the gamble on the fact that it's gorilla glass and not putting one on. I really like the feel of the glass so hopefully I don't scratch it all up

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I swear by the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD. I have used them for years and have converted a bunch of friends and coworkers into believers as well. I have installed the ZAGG screen protectors on pretty much all my devices including digital cameras, GPS units, various Zunes and my phones... the latest being my Trophy. You loose a bit of the smooth glass feel but it's not bad and I'd happily sacrifice that for the peace of mind knowing my screen isn't going to get scratched.

If you do a good job installing it you can barely tell that it's there. My suggestion is to turn the shower on hot and let the bathroom steam up. Then do the installation in there. It may sound odd but it seriously helps a great deal.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
As for the gorilla glass... In the three days that I had my Trophy, before delivery of the screen protector, I did notice a small, minor scratch that showed up on the screen. I honestly cannot fathom how it got scratched in that time because I babied the **** out of it to avoid that from happening. Perhaps it was that way from the factory and I didn't notice it initially... I don't know. But they clearly aren't impervious to scratches. (unfortunately)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm wavering back and forth about a screen protector. I really do love the feel of the unprotected screen but at the same time I would hate to do something clumsy and scratch it. So far I've avoided scratching it but I feel like I'm pushing my luck.

I might cough up the $15 and try the zagg one. Hopefully it's as unobtrusive as TheArcaneFlame says.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have one on, yet anyway, but the Zagg screen protectors are fantastic. We sell them where I work and they are by far the best screen protectors I've seen. Very nice feel to them, next best thing to unprotected glass.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't have a Trophy my device is an Arrive I have never used screen protectors just not my thing. I have had many HTC devices over the years HTC use very good screens they are usually hard to scratch. I am very carefully with my devices but in all that time I have never scratched the screen on any of the devices I have owned.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but worth asking. Zagg has a listing for the HTC 7 Trophy. Can I use this on my Verizon Trophy?

Edit: Yes, I can. A Zagg representative confirmed that it's fine.

Last edited:

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The Trophy invisible shield is not out in stores (I looked everywhere), it's only available direct from Zagg. I wanted something immediate so I went ahead and bought the Surround version of it. It's basically the same screen size as the trophy and it fit perfectly. This thing is well made and the touch response is very smooth and accurate. I didn't have to adjust my finger pressure as I expected to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720