Maybe switching from WebOS to WP7?

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love WebOS. I just need to change it up. What are the pros over WebOS?

I can't say i know much about WP7 and its advantages over webOS, but i did just make the same switch you are thinking about or have made.

I find it a pleasant experience, i don't find that i like it more than webOS, but its a nice change of pace. Not having the gesture area and having apps be "tombstoned" (i think thats what they said) Kinda bothers me. I really did enjoy having my cards in piles or at least all on the screen when i needed them.

Having apps hiding in the background bothers me, although I am not exactly sure how tombstoning works, having apps in the background has always bothered me. On webOS i always knew when something was open or not.

Other than that its a pretty nice OS, you should enjoy it. Easy navigation around the OS, app store is building constantly, and new OS updates on the rise.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just came from the Palm Pre Plus. You will be amazed at how dated WebOS feels. Don't get me wrong, I loved WebOS, but it is already showing its age. It feels to me like it has a windows 98 scheme to it with the colors and layout of email and apps. With that said, the lack of basic multitasking is the main thing that i'm not used to. Everything else is super smooth and lag free, unlike my Pre which, even overclocked, was sluggish. I would love to give WebOS another try in the future with better hardware, but handsdown I am really enjoying the freshness of Windows Phone 7 OS.

**Also, battery life is amazing on the Trophy. I can easily get through a full day with over 50% left on the battery. I would consider myself on the heavy side of a moderate user. With my Pre, I would sometimes only make it halfway through my day before needing to charge it. This can be blamed on my usage, or open apps, or any number of things. With that being said though, I do the same things on my Trophy as I did on the Pre and like I said above, phenomenal battery life.

Last edited:

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I just came from the Palm Pre Plus. You will be amazed at how dated WebOS feels. Don't get me wrong, I loved WebOS, but it is already showing its age. It feels to me like it has a windows 98 scheme to it with the colors and layout of email and apps. With that said, the lack of basic multitasking is the main thing that i'm not used to. Everything else is super smooth and lag free, unlike my Pre which, even overclocked, was sluggish. I would love to give WebOS another try in the future with better hardware, but handsdown I am really enjoying the freshness of Windows Phone 7 OS.

**Also, battery life is amazing on the Trophy. I can easily get through a full day with over 50% left on the battery. I would consider myself on the heavy side of a moderate user. With my Pre, I would sometimes only make it halfway through my day before needing to charge it. This can be blamed on my usage, or open apps, or any number of things. With that being said though, I do the same things on my Trophy as I did on the Pre and like I said above, phenomenal battery life.

I agree... I came from an overclocked Pre+ as well, and yeah...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen