OK, WP7 and Verizon, a marriage is on the line here...

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
So my wife's HTC Incredible recently went haywire and Verizon said they would replace it for free. However, since it was an older model, they'd have to order in the replacement. A week later, the replacement comes in but can't fully reboot, it just almost boots up and then starts all over. They offer to send out another replacement. Another week later, we try to activate the phone and it turns out they sent us a "test phone" that has a number associated to it and can't be activated.

At this point, I ask if we can swap it for another phone. The manager VERY generously says yes and allows us to choose ANY phone they offer (even the Droid Charge, a $299 LTE phone!) for free. My wife agrees to the HTC Trophy because of my love of WP7.

So, WP7 and Verizon, there's 20 years of marital bliss on this phone... DON'T SCREW IT UP!!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Having been married twice, once 27 years and then 20 years, I would hate to have the success of either on Verizon. That said, I just updated my Trophy to Mango Beta 2 and God, what a different phone. The real Mango will be out by Oct. (hopefully) and the Trophy will be the greatest thing since; well, marriage.

Good luck.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I feel confident we'll "weather the storm" of transitioning from Android to WP7. And I do look forward to Mango coming out. She'll be adjusted to WP7 by then and when the changes hit, she'll love it... Uh oh! She may end up preferring WP7 Mango over me!

Nah, I don't think she could live with herself being labelled a "Trophy wife"...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I decided to get away from android, so I decided on the trophy. If for some reason I don't like this phone (I'm sure I will though) I'll return it and get the next iphone when it comes out. I think the windows phone offers some of the same type of ecosystem apple has going with the iphone and has similar smoothness in phone operation.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I might be a little Biased here but i think the ecosystem is better. Better games will be on this platform in due time and really does Apple have its own gaming department, Microsoft office, Zune is way better then itunes, Onenote, Skydrive, Live tiles over icons. The only thing that Apple has over Microsoft in my mind is a face chat but once Skype gets integrated into the OS it will be better. I can't wait to see Skype on Xbox, computer and phone and being able to video chat with someone from the computer to a phone or xbox to phone or xbox to computer. I mean come on that will be awesome.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad verizon stepped up to the plate there, it's actually pretty wild that the manager was that generous considering the Incredible is a much older model now. I think I may end up pushing my wife in the WP7 direction when she's ready for her upgrade. She's been only using feature phones and "multimedia" phones until this point and I think Android would be too much for her. She has an iPod Touch but doesn't use it much except to play Angry Birds, but the amount of multimedia phones that are worth anything is shrinking with the advancement of smartphones. Anywho, best of luck with WP7 keeping your marriage off the rocks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos