WebOs convert...issues I hope Mango addresses

teebomus

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
Really liking the phone. Coming from Web os, (which I still feel is best os but hardware and apps just not coming along). HP would be wise to license webos to other manufacturers. But that is another topic.

Please let me know if it appears Mango will address these:
an LED light that will flash when some sort of message, call, or e-mail has been received, Have to power it up to check it? or can WP7 already do this? This is very simple but Palm spoiled me with this.
multitasking I know is coming and looks eerily like Webos, (which is great since since no os can touch their multitasking right now),
easy access to wi-fi, bluetooth, and location services without going thru the entire settings menu process, (on palm you just swipe the icon at top of screen and it pops up the menu),
transparent tiles would be great to see background behind them, (also resize and reshape them),
something like "just type" or the universal search to start an app, call, etc.

The WP7 ui is very smooth and I like the voice commands. By the way, is there an app to convert spoken word to text and save as a file or e-mail.

thanks. I have been reading here, Looks like great community.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No led flash on the Samsung Focus or the HTC HD7/HD7S. I don't know why more manufactures don't do this.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
+1 on resizing tiles. And making things accessible without having to go so far.

Multitasking and search is separated by apps, bing, and voice search/commands not universal but just as easily

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
As a hardcore WebOS user, I never used Just Type to open an app, but I ONLY use Just Type to get to a contact. Turning on the phone and start typing someone's name or just their initials is the greatest thing ever.

teebomus

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is usually what I used it for too. A feature I miss. To those who have never had that option, hard to explain how cool it is.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
i cool feature i would like to see added to wp7 is move the voice command to the search button and when you hold down on the windows button it pops up a notification menu with all your notifications kinda like the multitasking feature in mango but for notifications that you can click on and it will take you to it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6