Ok so who's doing the leaked XDA Mango 7720?

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You didn't hear incorrectly. carrier builds will be 7720 + something. They'll all be a little different.

I think I discovered why. My HTC Arrive has been acting a little whacky with bluetooth in my car. For example, saying our address book has been sync'd when it hasn't been.

So there may be some whackiness per device that will be fixed with the carrier-specific updates.

Always drive me crazy when I find a thread like this and there isn't a link to the goods :) So here it goes. The knucklehead's guide to installing Mango:

Noob frendly MANGO update - xda-developers

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my HTC Trophy from Verizon online $49 is not a bad price. Quick question on where the update to 7720 is on XDA, I checked the development section but wasn't quite sure which link.

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded on my Trophy to RTM.. .and not looking back, to the point where i'll wonder what the point will be to getting the "official" verizon version

sinister4g63

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just did it yesterday, I was happy with it before. Now I'm just in love with it! I just wish they would release Spotify...

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to use my free spotify invite I got when from Motorola when I had the Droid 3 which of course was replaced by my Trophy.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Has ANYBODY heard about someone bricking their phone trying this??? I'm a big fat chicken boo but if it's that straight forward and virtually risk free ...

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a mention of someone bricking their phone... however when you are doing the upgrade TAKE YOUR TIME.. REREAD everything 100x and Make sure you have a safe backup!

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I keep going back and forth with it myself. I really want to but it seems everytime I think I'm going to there's some sort of news saying it's coming soon so I don't want to waste my time if I'm just going to go through a bunch more steps to get back on track

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got brave and did this for my Trophy and, after a little difficulty and a lot of time, I got it going. It's really nice BUT ... WP7 was already really awesome so this may not blow you away like you hope.

That being said, the only real issue I found was that hardly any of my Office documents in Skydrive would open. I had to delete them and re-add before they would work again. Weird.

I dig it. But I was already sold on WP7 anyway, so consider me a choir that has already been converted.

sinister4g63

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Has ANYBODY heard about someone bricking their phone trying this??? I'm a big fat chicken boo but if it's that straight forward and virtually risk free ...

I thought I screwed it up at one point because my 2 year old daughter yanked the USB before the last upgrade process was done. It got stuck in USB mode so I panicked and yanked the battery and it booted right up. So I just started over lol!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro