09-06-2011 05:48 AM
32 12
tools
    Has ANYBODY heard about someone bricking their phone trying this??? I'm a big fat chicken boo but if it's that straight forward and virtually risk free ...
    09-02-2011 02:52 PM
    I've never seen a mention of someone bricking their phone... however when you are doing the upgrade TAKE YOUR TIME.. REREAD everything 100x and Make sure you have a safe backup!
    09-02-2011 05:43 PM
    Yeah I keep going back and forth with it myself. I really want to but it seems everytime I think I'm going to there's some sort of news saying it's coming soon so I don't want to waste my time if I'm just going to go through a bunch more steps to get back on track
    09-02-2011 06:00 PM
    I have loaded it on my VZW Trophy and it is running great.
    Mbair, just wanting to know if you followed the directions posted later in this thread, went on you own or know of another site post that is specific to to updating a Verizon HTC Trophy to Mango 7720 RTM?

Here is the link I am referring to:

Noob frendly MANGO update - xda-developers

TIA
    09-02-2011 06:09 PM
    Ok, I got brave and did this for my Trophy and, after a little difficulty and a lot of time, I got it going. It's really nice BUT ... WP7 was already really awesome so this may not blow you away like you hope.

That being said, the only real issue I found was that hardly any of my Office documents in Skydrive would open. I had to delete them and re-add before they would work again. Weird.

I dig it. But I was already sold on WP7 anyway, so consider me a choir that has already been converted.
    09-05-2011 04:34 PM
    Sorry about the delayed reply. The following is the instructions I used.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Mango RTM 7720 released to MS employees!
    09-05-2011 11:36 PM
    Has ANYBODY heard about someone bricking their phone trying this??? I'm a big fat chicken boo but if it's that straight forward and virtually risk free ...

I thought I screwed it up at one point because my 2 year old daughter yanked the USB before the last upgrade process was done. It got stuck in USB mode so I panicked and yanked the battery and it booted right up. So I just started over lol!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    09-06-2011 05:48 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD