Ok so who's doing the leaked XDA Mango 7720?

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Just curious to see if anyone is going for it. I'm on the knife's edge and I just want to know if anyone else has done it with success

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got finished. No sweat. Working great!

I won't update my wife's though. I would rather she stayed on the straight and narrow. She really loves her WP7 versus the Androids we had before. So I want to keep it that way.hehe

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing it, but the problem I have is that I use a mac. I have a Windows partition but I rarely use it, so I don't have the requisite 20 GB of free space on the partition. Trying to decide if I really want to play with resizing the partition using a live cd.

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing it, but the problem I have is that I use a mac. I have a Windows partition but I rarely use it, so I don't have the requisite 20 GB of free space on the partition. Trying to decide if I really want to play with resizing the partition using a live cd.

Ash, if you have a Trophy with the standard 16GB, you're fine. If you want to make the backup go faster and save space, just remove all the music\video from your phone before you backup. Apps and the rest don't really take up all that much room.

Personally, I'm going to hold off until the carrier release. 7712 has been just fine for me.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Ash, if you have a Trophy with the standard 16GB, you're fine. If you want to make the backup go faster and save space, just remove all the music\video from your phone before you backup. Apps and the rest don't really take up all that much room.

Personally, I'm going to hold off until the carrier release. 7712 has been just fine for me.

Thanks, that's actually what I ended up doing. I knew I didn't care if all of that was included on my backup so I deleted it all and it made it go much faster. The longest part was waiting for it to go from 7704 to 7712, but everything is done now and it works great.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Just finished and it's really smooth. So many things to learn.

While doing these upgrades from Nodo to Beta 1 to Beta 2 to 7720 I never had to reset my phone nor did I loose any data or programs. Having used Android for 2 years, I would constantly have to do a power down and up just to keep it running. What a **** of an OS.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The only real issue I've had so far was having to reinstall Engadget. For some reason every time I started the app I'd have to agree to the terms and conditions again (even after a reboot). After uninstalling and reinstalling it works great. Loving me some custom ringtones finally.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Just finished and it's really smooth. So many things to learn.

While doing these upgrades from Nodo to Beta 1 to Beta 2 to 7720 I never had to reset my phone nor did I loose any data or programs. Having used Android for 2 years, I would constantly have to do a power down and up just to keep it running. What a **** of an OS.

yup, I just came from android...It is the worst os ever, I hate it

Green Samot

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've gone to 7720. When I installed the beta all the htc ringtones got removed, but after going to 7720 zune notified that there was an update from htc to install so they are all back now.

Can't see any difference between this and the beta, but it's nice to have the "proper" version.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am so close to doing it just a little worried I'll destroy the perfect phone I have now. Before the trophy I had an imagio and it was the biggest pile I've ever seen or touched. I am not wanting to go back to having a messed up phone. But my question for those that have done it is how long does it take to do it?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I dev unlocked and debranded my AT&T Focus last night and instantly got 7392.

Now all I can think about is whether I should update to build 7720 or 7712. Which one offers a clean update to the final Mango release? :)

dreamcaster

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had it installed for about a week or so. Runs super smooth, no issues yet. I had some issues with Mango Beta 2, none with 7712 so far, none with 7720 thus far!

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
@SingeDebile

Thanks for the reply. I think I read somewhere that even though we're running the 7720 RTM build, OEMs will push their own updates tailored to each phone... Did I misinterpret that or..?

jakeroberts42

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been running it for about a week and it is perfect. Haven't had any issues and there are a lot of pretty sweet new additions.

My favorite thing coming from Android is that everything works perfectly and when there is a software update you actually notice new features. With Android they all have the exact same features except maybe a minor UI tweek.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
running it here ( was very scared to take the plunge, but it was SUPER easy) coming from ios and android I am very suprised how polished this os is compared to android, it in my opinion is head and shoulders above that os.

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
@SingeDebile

Thanks for the reply. I think I read somewhere that even though we're running the 7720 RTM build, OEMs will push their own updates tailored to each phone... Did I misinterpret that or..?

You didn't hear incorrectly. carrier builds will be 7720 + something. They'll all be a little different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb