09-24-2011 06:09 PM
62 123
tools
    I just ordered one off of ebay the other night for $220. I get to try WP7 out and still have my upgrade if/when any new phones come to verizon! From what I have read, I'm not going to be disappointed, especially since i'm coming from a palm pixi+.
    09-13-2011 11:59 AM
    I jumped on ship with WP7 from Palm about 2 months ago and love it. If you are used to a Pre Plus then the battery issue will be slightly better than you are used to. There are small issues like accessing the phones settings(wi-fi, bt, etc. ) is a pain and limited customizations but Mango will correct that. I still find myself swiping to try and multitask but it just won't. :)
    Mango will improve all of these I think except that from what I have seen nothing multitasks like a WebOs device. That will probably go down as WebOs's shining achievement that so far nobody else can touch. I also miss the touchstone some, but not too much. Zune music, etc, is great. It has most the apps I need. Very fast phone. Overall, really good phone.
    09-13-2011 01:09 PM
    You can't go with the "wait 6 months" theory. When the six months are up, there will be a couple newer phones and everyone will be saying "just wait a few months til these new ones come out". It will be a continuous cycle. There will always be something newer and better just down the road.

Look at us Pre users. We waited for months for the Pre 3 and will never see it. That could happen with any phone.
    True that brother...here is another reason to get it..http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-trophy/180569.htm now its 50bucks with upgrade
    09-13-2011 02:12 PM
    Make sure you are logged into My Verizon. When you browse the phones without being logged in, you see the price "everyone" sees. When you log in, you see "your" prices. I was able to get the phone for free.
    09-13-2011 02:22 PM
    The Trophy really is a great phone & I love mine!!! Only complaint is the battery life..
    I'm in a different boat. My battery life has been awesome! Three times better than my Pre +
    09-13-2011 02:27 PM
    You can't go with the "wait 6 months" theory. When the six months are up, there will be a couple newer phones and everyone will be saying "just wait a few months til these new ones come out". It will be a continuous cycle. There will always be something newer and better just down the road.

Look at us Pre users. We waited for months for the Pre 3 and will never see it. That could happen with any phone.
    The tech world changes so fast these days that it's quite correct in saying today, top of the line phone, and then in 6-8 months what you got is past its prime already. I just wish verizon would be competative with what the other carriers have to offer in windows phones. I had in my mind I'd eventually like a 4.3" size screen because I do a lot of viewing of word and excel docs for work via email. I know on my palm it was just about darn near impossible to read them on that little screen. The Trophy though with it's 3.8 is a lot better than what I'd thought it would be like.

It really does feel nice in your hand and in your pocket it still is comfortable having it in there. I guy a work looking at it who has one of the larger droids, commented about the size that he liked it and that his Droid felt bulky carrying it around. Maybe some things are better in small packages?! :)
    09-13-2011 09:15 PM

It really does feel nice in your hand and in your pocket it still is comfortable having it in there. I guy a work looking at it who has one of the larger droids, commented about the size that he liked it and that his Droid felt bulky carrying it around. Maybe some things are better in small packages?! :)
    I agree with this completely. I don't really like the recent trend of phones turning into huge behemoths. I like the feel of the Trophy, I want a phone that fits nicely in my pocket. If it just had a bit nicer screen it'd be perfect. Give me a S-AMOLED, 4.3 inches tops and I'll be completely happy. Make it happen, Verizon!

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    09-13-2011 09:58 PM
    Hello everyone! And thank-you. it seems the majority are happy with the Trophy. I also have been on the fence about getting it, since it is new.
    I may take the plunge and buy it on upgrade, I can get it for $70 which to me is a good price. :)
    09-14-2011 03:23 PM
    I agree with this completely. I don't really like the recent trend of phones turning into huge behemoths. I like the feel of the Trophy, I want a phone that fits nicely in my pocket. If it just had a bit nicer screen it'd be perfect. Give me a S-AMOLED, 4.3 inches tops and I'll be completely happy. Make it happen, Verizon!

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    I agree, my friend has the Droid X and it looks like a mini laptop hanging off his belt. :D That's what stopped me from upgrading. I don't want or need a huge cumbersome phone, but it seems that is the trend with all the new smartphones.
    09-14-2011 03:30 PM
    Two questions I do have about the Trophy. I still like to use Google search and maps over Bing. Would that still be an option? And I read somewhere that you cannot save images someone sends you through email, is that true? Thanks everyone.:)
    09-17-2011 06:51 AM
    Two questions I do have about the Trophy. I still like to use Google search and maps over Bing. Would that still be an option? And I read somewhere that you cannot save images someone sends you through email, is that true? Thanks everyone.:)
    While not having a Trophy, there is a google search app and a couple of apps that feature google maps. (gMaps, Bingle Maps) should you not wish to use Google via Internet Explorer.

I can download and save pictures fine from an email attachment. :) (Options to use as wallpaper or save to phone)

All WP7 phones operate in the same way, so your Trophy will be no different. :)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 09-17-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-17-2011 07:10 AM
    While not having a Trophy, there is a google search app and a couple of apps that feature google maps. (gMaps, Bingle Maps) should you not wish to use Google via Internet Explorer.

I can download and save pictures fine from an email attachment. :) (Options to use as wallpaper or save to phone)

All WP7 phones operate in the same way, so your Trophy will be no different. :)
    Thank-you TheWeeBear, I am that much closer to buying it. :D My other concern is Xbox. Truthfully I am not a gamer, so that app would not be of use to me. I tend to be a bit impulsive with my phone purchasing. So I want to make sure I do my home work this time. I have heard so many positive things about the Trophy and WP7, maybe it is time to venture away from my BB. And try something new. :)
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    09-17-2011 09:33 AM
    Yes and why not joemd60, you won't be disappointed. I love the XBox so that integration is an added bonus for me, but you don't need to use that side of the phone if you don't want to. :)

WP7 does have a great range of free and paid Xbox Live games too should you decide to try some out so, plenty of choice. :)
    09-17-2011 09:43 AM
    Yes and why not joemd60, you won't be disappointed. I love the XBox so that integration is an added bonus for me, but you don't need to use that side of the phone if you don't want to. :)

WP7 does have a great range of free and paid Xbox Live games too should you decide to try some out so, plenty of choice. :)
    Those were my thoughts to with XBox, I also like the Netflix feature. That would come in handy for the long wait times in the truck at work.:) Thanks again!
    09-17-2011 10:15 AM
    I can only dream of a Netflix type of service here in the UK joemd60. Oh and you're most welcome. :)
    09-17-2011 10:24 AM
    I can only dream of a Netflix type of service here in the UK joemd60. Oh and you're most welcome. :)
    You can call me Joe.:) I hope it comes out your way, it really is a great service. :)
    09-17-2011 10:32 AM
    I doub't we'll ever see Netfix outside of the US due to all the licensing nonsense Joe, but never say never. :)

And you can call me The Wee Bear LOL. ;)

(David) :)
    09-17-2011 10:37 AM
    I doub't we'll ever see Netfix outside of the US due to all the licensing nonsense Joe, but never say never. :)

And you can call me The Wee Bear LOL. ;)

(David) :)
    Sorry to hear that,and nice to meet you David.:)
    09-17-2011 11:00 AM
    Well I ordered the Trophy, wish me luck.:D One other question I forgot to ask, what is the available IM clients.
    09-17-2011 09:18 PM
    Well I ordered the Trophy, wish me luck.:D One other question I forgot to ask, what is the available IM clients.
    are you referring to native clients? Windows Messenger is the only native IM client I have on my phone.
    09-17-2011 10:23 PM
    are you referring to native clients? Windows Messenger is the only native IM client I have on my phone.
    Thanks and yes, on my BB I have a variety of Instant messenger choices. Those are not really important to me since I rarely use them. I can assume if it's a Windows phone, then Windows messenger would be the default IM client.
    09-17-2011 10:45 PM
    I am not a case person when it comes to phones. I know a lot of the Smartphones have Gorilla glass, but not sure if the Trophy does. Should I get a screen saver? and if so, any recommendations? Thanks.
    09-20-2011 06:09 PM
    Hey everyone, I got my Trophy today! Very nice user friendly device.
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-21-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    palandri and Clow like this.
    09-21-2011 06:44 PM
    It's even better with Mango. :D
    09-21-2011 08:03 PM
    It's even better with Mango. :D
    I am sure:)
    09-21-2011 08:29 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD