09-24-2011 05:09 PM
62 123
tools
    Although I am having a problem syncing to my laptop. It is having a hard time reading my phone, the device driver keeps failing.
    Ok, the device is loaded on my laptop, yet when I plug in the USB cable and open my computer. The phone is nowhere to be found, I have pics I would like to load onto my phone.
    The bluetooth does not work on m, Thanks. y laptop, so USB is my only option. Any help would be appreciated. :)
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-21-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    09-21-2011 07:55 PM
    Although I am having a problem syncing to my laptop. It is having a hard time reading my phone, the device driver keeps failing.
    Ok, the device is loaded on my laptop, yet when I plug in the USB cable and open my computer. The phone is nowhere to be found, I have pics I would like to load onto my phone.
    The bluetooth does not work on m, Thanks. y laptop, so USB is my only option. Any help would be appreciated. :)
    for now, you're going to have to use the Zune software. Import the photos into Zune, then connect your phone to the computer and sync the photos over.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 09-21-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: auto correct wrong
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-21-2011 09:00 PM
    for now, you're young to have to use the Zune software. Import the photos into Zune, then connect your phone to the computer and sync the photos over.
    I have a lemon for a laptop. The screen is now completely black yet its on. I will load Zune once I am up and running again. Now I am also curious, with all this talk about Mango. If it becomes available as well as other updates to the phone. How do we get it,do they send a message to your phone? Thanks again WB for helping me out. :)
    09-22-2011 04:07 AM
    I have a lemon for a laptop. The screen is now completely black yet its on. I will load Zune once I am up and running again. Now I am also curious, with all this talk about Mango. If it becomes available as well as other updates to the phone. How do we get it,do they send a message to your phone? Thanks again WB for helping me out. :)
    Joe, when I plug my Zune in, the software automatically opens. After my device is logged in, the software tells me if there a device update available. I'm guessing it will be the same for the phone.

You can also go to settings, scroll to the bottom and you're phone will say whether any updates have been found.
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-22-2011 08:52 AM
    Joe, when I plug my Zune in, the software automatically opens. After my device is logged in, the software tells me if there a device update available. I'm guessing it will be the same for the phone.

You can also go to settings, scroll to the bottom and you're phone will say whether any updates have been found.
    Thanks again WB, once I get my laptop back I will install Zune. I assume from the book I got with the phone, it will come from online Windowsphone.com. Hopefully there won't be any issues from there.
    09-22-2011 11:19 AM
    Ok,I just discovered that you cannot forward text messages. Or am I doing something wrong?
    09-22-2011 02:09 PM
    Ok,I just discovered that you cannot forward text messages. Or am I doing something wrong?
    If you tap and hold on a text a menu will pop up that gives you the option to forward.
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-22-2011 02:16 PM
    [QUOTE=thed;1567388]If you tap and hold on a text a menu will pop up that gives you the option to forward.[/QUOTE
    Thanks thed. I did some digging and found it. Sorry for being such a pest folks. I am still new with this device. I appreciate all the help. :)
    09-22-2011 02:27 PM
    Thanks again WB, once I get my laptop back I will install Zune. I assume from the book I got with the phone, it will come from online Windowsphone.com. Hopefully there won't be any issues from there.
    I'm not sure if windowsphone.com will have the Zune software or not. You can go to zune.net and the software is available there.
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-22-2011 04:48 PM
    If you tap and hold on a text a menu will pop up that gives you the option to forward.
    Thanks thed. I did some digging and found it. Sorry for being such a pest folks. I am still new with this device. I appreciate all the help. :)
    hey, I've only had mine for about 2 weeks. I'm still learning too. :-)
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-22-2011 04:50 PM
    [QUOTE=wbdillworth;1567417]I'm not sure if windowsphone.com will have the Zune software or not. You can go to zune.net and the software is available there.[/QUOTE
    Good to know wb,I will keep that in mind.
    09-22-2011 04:57 PM
    I awaiting my new laptop so I can load Zune. But I have noticed Any pics that are in my pics from Windows live or mobile up loads from Windows live. Those pics cannot be deleted from the phone itself. Am I doing something wrong or am I correct in my assumptions. That those pics can only be managed from Zune.
    I somehow got a duplicate pic that I cannot delete that's how I discovered the problem. Thanks all :)
    One addition to this post. And I know its a stupid question. Do I have to use a Windows live account with a windows phone?
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-24-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    09-24-2011 05:09 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD