Get the Trophy or Wait?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Should i get the Trophy or wait (who knows how long) for another verizon WP7 to come out? I am pretty sure the HTC Radar and Titan will not be verizon. And usually when they announce a phone its another month till it comes out. There are even no rumors of verizon WP out there :( Sooooooooo back to my question should i get the trophy now? How far behind as far as processors, screen, and all the other software and hardware specs is it too the new phones out? I know the droid bionic is android and 4g, but how does it compare to that? Thanks!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless you need a front facing camera. Wp7 doesn't need the higher speed newer processors that Android and IOS need. A year old trophy will run super smooth. The newer phones will be cool, but not rly that much better since WP already runs so well with mango. I would suggest installing the leaked mango rom as soon as you get it though :)

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well the trophy is not even a year old correct? So your advice is just get the trophy? I can get it for 50$ which is pretty cheap. A new wp7 would prob at least be 200$ Gekkoace, how do you feel the WP7 brand is evolving? Do you think its going to take more market share?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead

I've had my Trophy for just over a week now. I haven't installed Mango just because of the hassle to roll it back when the official update comes out. There are several features that Mango will bring, but until then, I'm doing just fine with my stock phone. I'm hopeful Mango isn't too far out. I'm using this period of time to learn WP7.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Say that verizon picked up the HTC Radar, is that a huge improvement upon the Trophy anyways? I know something like the Titan would be nice because of the front facing camera and with microsoft buying skype it should fit nice.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Say that verizon picked up the HTC Radar, is that a huge improvement upon the Trophy anyways? I know something like the Titan would be nice because of the front facing camera and with microsoft buying skype it should fit nice.

Just comparing the specs on the main page, they look very similar. I don't have a Skype account, so the front-facing camera isn't a feature I'm interested in. Hopefully, when Mango is released, the same functionality will be the same across all of the phones, within reason.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, well I will probably waite untill mango is realeased, hopefully here soon and see if verizon announces any phones with it. If not i guess il just go with the trophy.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, well I will probably waite untill mango is realeased, hopefully here soon and see if verizon announces any phones with it. If not i guess il just go with the trophy.

If the phone you currently have is useable, wait a while and see if anything new is coming to Verizon. If not the trophy is a great phone. Mine impresses me more and more each day. If you don't want to burn your upgrade buy one off contract from ebay or craigslist and then you will be set to get a new phone at a subsidized price when one you like comes out.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response. I've been traveling and the quantum I bought recently to try out, didn't come working 100% like the seller said... On a side note: even if it was working I think I hate the quantum. Haha, sry if that hurts anyone's feelings.
I think the wp brand will improve, but has a long way to go. I think apple is about to lose a lot more market share to wp and android. My wife just switched to wp from her iphone 4 after I showed her the iOS5 page on apples website. She has been waiting forever for the update. her reaction was "this doesn't look like much is changing for the iphone, only the ipad."
I think windows 8's warm reception by the public so far, is a good sign for wp. As long s MS keeps up their innovation and can get mango out very soon then wp's user base should grow and grow.
I'll start a new thread in a couple weeks when my wife decides to stick with wp or jump to the iphone 5 when its announced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

selcouth14

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
My Pre- died a horrible death (by my frustrated hands) so I bit the bullet and purchased the Trophy today...now to wait a day or two for it to "arrive" (it's funny because I used to be on Sprint) and I'll be joining you guys in WP7 bliss! With that in mind, I was holding out as hard as I could, I had been off contract since June on Sprint and even though we've seen some sexy new hardware from HTC and inklings of what Sammy is offering, that doesn't mean that the wait is ill advised. If you can hold out until the next round of phones, I would suggest that you do, otherwise get it now and you can always upgrade when Nokia comes out with some cool stuff next year.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am going to wait untill mango is released. I have heard that when mango is released that there will be some new WP7 phones released along with it. Now if this is the Titan, Radar, etc then yes i will probably get the Trophy. If they announce a phone then il probably wait, but right now nothing is even announced for Verizon...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb