Mango killed my 3G

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep.. was the update for sure.. rolled back to pre-mango.. all is well.. Must be something in the ROM ? Radio drivers ? Dunno....

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
OH.. and.. I'm officially DONE with VZW. Will be a Trophy for sale in December. Seems they no longer give corp discount on data plans that are not unlimited.

Bye VZW. Hello AT&T ! and hopefully something nice like the Focus S !

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah killed mine too. I was hoping someone here would have a fix but not seeing anything. I'm so sad. Mango is so good but is leaving a bit of a sour taste right now :(

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
OH.. and.. I'm officially DONE with VZW. Will be a Trophy for sale in December. Seems they no longer give corp discount on data plans that are not unlimited.

Bye VZW. Hello AT&T ! and hopefully something nice like the Focus S !

bad reason to go to that trashy att...I agree vzw is greedy but att flat out sucks,,you will see

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So I just had an idea. When my phone started up for the first time after updating to Mango I noticed that it ran the HTC connection setup app. Maybe that killed the 3G? I'm gonna restore from backup and uninstall the connection settings app, then try the update again. Will let you folks know how it goes.

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the triple post but I have good news to report! I rolled back to Nodo and tried again, but I did 2 things differently this time before installing Mango again. First, I uninstalled the HTC connection setup app. Second, I made sure to turn cellular data back on after doing the "pull the plug" trick to get the update to show up but BEFORE I actually installed the update.

I'm not sure which one of these helped but I now have working 3G on Mango! I haven't reinstalled Connection Setup for fear of screwing things up, but I never really needed it anyway.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
What is the HTC connection app? I've got the HTC hub but I'm not sure about a connection app.

Since there is a lack of setting on WP7 for setting up a carrier. The program does it for you.

I have a GSM only Trophy and I had to use it to setup my phone with AT&T so I had all the functions.

You have a locked Verizon Trophy, so probably won't ever need it unless you are out of the country and need to use a GSM SIM card

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find the connection app on my phone? I'm looking around but not seeing it.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Where can I find the connection app on my phone? I'm looking around but not seeing it.

When you go to the marketplace, do you have an option for "HTC Apps"? That's what I have on my phone. If not, just search for HTC Connection Setup.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Found it in the market with the rest of the HTC apps. It's not installed so I guess that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, connection setup is one of the HTC apps. I had installed it just because I was curious about what it does. After what happened to me, I wouldn't recommend installing it unless you need to use GSM.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh.. and I've already been on AT&T here its not so bad.. I also own a Focus ;-) fwiw.

I purchased a Trophy off contract for the purpose of keeping my existing contract and grandfather til the contract expires (December).

Basically VZW told me they would not honor the contract.. made me get new plans all around. so I went from $71 a month to $90 when the device I have now uses data identically to the HTC Imagio I had before. The only thing that changed was a device I paid for in full off contract.

F VERIZON. A contract is a contract it doesnt work unidirectional.

I dont give a ratts poop if AT&T is the worst on the planet. I'm Not giving VZW another dime. December 17th I'm an AT&T customer.

Nuf said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3