Hi everyone I did the mango update on my trophy but since doing the update my battery life is horrible. Has anyone else come across this. Also I know the say programs stay running in mango is there a way to close them and could this be the problem with the battery.
    10-03-2011 10:02 AM
    You could pop into settings / applications / background tasks and turn off apps that are running in the background incase it's one of those causing problems.
    10-03-2011 10:08 AM
    Yeh I did that but I think something else is behind the horrible battery life.
    10-03-2011 11:21 AM
    Ah sorry about that ericreinhardt, was the first thing I thought of. :(

I'm sure you have WiFi and Bluetooth turned off too.
    10-03-2011 11:24 AM
    I actually think my battery life is better with Mango, and I'm not using the battery saver feature.
    10-03-2011 11:49 AM
    I actually think my battery life is better with Mango, and I'm not using the battery saver feature.
    I haven't noticed any battery problems, but the battery for the trophy has always been its weak point for me.

I do recommend turning on the battery saver for when you phone is low on battery (not on all the time)
    10-03-2011 12:28 PM
    My battery now dies about 3 times faster.

lasts maybe 4 hours tops without charge... used to be around 10-12 hours before.
    10-03-2011 12:54 PM
    It may not be Mango. My HTC Surround's battery dropped all of a sudden after 5 months of use, pre-Mango. No warning, it just dropped one day. Wouldn't hold a charge past 3 hours. It's most likely a faulty battery if it's that severe. It is still covered under manufacturers warranty and I suggest you call your carrier to get it replaced. ATT sent me one right over.
    10-03-2011 01:00 PM
    Have you folks tried actually leaving the phone unplugged until it dies? Several people have mentioned that the battery indicator may have some issues and the battery will last a lot longer than it says. Running it until it dies seems to correct the issue.
    10-03-2011 02:34 PM
    Try running your battery all the way down, pull the battery, put it back in and charge it back up. I get much better battery on mango
    10-04-2011 01:48 PM
    I've noticed I get about 2 days per charge, that's quite heavy use too. I used to get around 15 hours max Pre-Mango.
    10-04-2011 07:20 PM
    One item.. is that the trophy is a world phone.. my advice is always to set the phone to CDMA only ...

It helps :)
    10-05-2011 01:03 PM
    I just got the Trophy a couple days ago and immediately installed Mango on it, so I don't know what life before Mango was like. Right now I'm sitting at 50% at 10 hours off the charger. Is that pretty normal?

It seems kind of "meh" to me, but I don't care as long as it gets me through a day.

Granted, it's a new phone so the battery may need some "conditioning" as well.
    10-05-2011 01:18 PM
    I have Samsung Focus and get about the same battery life pre/post Mango. What I have noticed is the battery indicator does not work correctly. I have run the battery down and factory reset the phone but the indicator just doesn't care! Hopefully this can be fixed, until then I'm just going to listen for the critical alarm! The indicator has been empty for two hours now.
    10-11-2011 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD