New User - Couple of Questions

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just received a Trophy off of Ebay and am really really liking it. I immediately updated it to Mango so I would experience it from the start. Coming from Android, I have a couple of questions on a couple of things that are pretty basic but I am not seeing how to do it.

1. How you can you change the homepage of the browser? Is there an alternative browser worth using? Not from what I can see...

2. Is there a quick way to silence all sounds on the phone, like toggle on/off?

This is a solid phone and well made in the typical HTC style. No force closes so far either like is normal with Android.

Seeker27

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and hope you keep enjoying your trophy!

As for the homepage I'm not too sure. I browse a lot but I just either go off a Bing search or from the last page I was on. I do know that you can pin a site to the home screen to form a tile. Don't know if that could be a substitute for your browser icon or not. Hopefully someone else with more experience can elaborate...

The way I silence things quickly is to tap the volume rocker and then tap the small circle icon that has ring with a little bell picture. It will either toggle it between silence and ring quickly or vibrate and ring.
(you have to go into settings, then ringtones/sounds and toggle the vibrate on/off option in order to use the volume rocker method tho...)

Hope this helped. Need anything else let us know. We're a pretty good group on WPCentral.

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip using the volume rocker. That works great.

One other thing - if I relied on Verizon, I would never have purchased this phone. Verizon basically does not even hardly know that this phone exists. I have used 2 Android phones recently (Fascinate and Xperia Play) and really like Mango MUCH better. I think others would too if they would be willing to give it a shot. It's not always about specs and dual core processors.

Welcome to the forums and hope you keep enjoying your trophy!

As for the homepage I'm not too sure. I browse a lot but I just either go off a Bing search or from the last page I was on. I do know that you can pin a site to the home screen to form a tile. Don't know if that could be a substitute for your browser icon or not. Hopefully someone else with more experience can elaborate...

The way I silence things quickly is to tap the volume rocker and then tap the small circle icon that has ring with a little bell picture. It will either toggle it between silence and ring quickly or vibrate and ring.
(you have to go into settings, then ringtones/sounds and toggle the vibrate on/off option in order to use the volume rocker method tho...)

Hope this helped. Need anything else let us know. We're a pretty good group on WPCentral.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
No homepage, you just open and browse or do as seeker said and start from a bing search.

I agree about Verizon. I have a Trophy that I ended up buying on Verizon online because I had trouble getting it locally at launch. The Verizon stores didn't really know what it was, when it was coming, etc. My friend, who owns a Verizon store, tried to talk me into an Android. Believe me, I went years without owning an Android not because I didn't know they existed, but because I didn't want one. :)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually forgot about homepages. :) I used to set homepages on my browsers, but I no longer do. With Chrome I have it open to my most used pages and apps (sort of like a start screen), but when I did choose homepages, I usually went with a search engine as my homepage. Which would be like pushing the Bing search button now, I suppose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte