Extended battery

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
How many of you are running one? I'm considering getting one since my battery life is pretty much in the toilet now. I'm looking at the one Verizon carries. It's ugly but should last a long time.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I had an extended life battery in my Treo Pro. It adds a little thickness and weight, but you get use to it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried the Seidio 1300 mAh in my Surround. After three days it seemed about the same (or less) than my stock 1230mAh. Then two days in a row, taking it off overnight charge it screwed up. Once, the phone would no turn on and I had to do a battery pull. Next day, it only charged like 60% but was plugged in all night. Put my stock battery back in and got a full refund, minus shipping charges. Stock battery never caused any issues, before or since this experience.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Tried the Seidio 1300 mAh in my Surround. After three days it seemed about the same (or less) than my stock 1230mAh. Then two days in a row, taking it off overnight charge it screwed up. Once, the phone would no turn on and I had to do a battery pull. Next day, it only charged like 60% but was plugged in all night. Put my stock battery back in and got a full refund, minus shipping charges. Stock battery never caused any issues, before or since this experience.

Glad you got your money back. There use to be a Seidio rep at the Treo Central forums. They seem to back their stuff up.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really don't want an extended battery, but for some reason my battery life is pretty poor right now. I'm going to try some things, but if it doesn't get better I'll get the 2150 mah battery from Verizon.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

benzie

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
scottcraft, I understand you are having signal issues at your place. That's exactly what ate my battery. I started calling Verizon and opened up a trouble ticket for poor 3G signal in my area. After a few calls I was able to purchase the new 3G network extender for $50 instead of the advertised $249. Works like a charm, full signal in and around our place and my battery lasts forever. I am using a Samsung Fascinate right now, but ordered another Trophy. Went from 1 bar 3G to full bars. Hope this info helps.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
scottcraft, I understand you are having signal issues at your place. That's exactly what ate my battery. I started calling Verizon and opened up a trouble ticket for poor 3G signal in my area. After a few calls I was able to purchase the new 3G network extender for $50 instead of the advertised $249. Works like a charm, full signal in and around our place and my battery lasts forever. I am using a Samsung Fascinate right now, but ordered another Trophy. Went from 1 bar 3G to full bars. Hope this info helps.

Does the network extender needs an internet connection? Is there an additional monthly charge for the network extender?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I do have signal issues, but my battery life has just recently went downhill. The original battery in this phone went out so Verizon gave me a new one. I ran it last night until it died last night so hopefully that will help. Signal strength and battery life are my only issues with this phone and they are getting more annoying.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Does the network extender needs an internet connection? Is there an additional monthly charge for the network extender?
If it's like the AT&T Microcell, then yes you do need WiFi. When I tried it, the signal was great, but my 3G speeds were equal to or worse than the tower signal (often under 1mbps). So I kept WiFi turned on in the house, which gives me 6-8 mbps. Problem is, twice in the first week, the Microcell went off line (needing a reset) so for a period I was receiving no calls or texts. Didn't discover it till I tried to make a call. When you are connected to the Microcell, working or not, your phone won't connect to any other tower. So it went back in the box.

As I have a good WiFi signal at work and home (80-90% of my day) I would still like the ability to disable 3G, and go with Edge, which I know would improve battery performance in low signal areas. Don't want to turn off data entirely as I lose background updates, when the phone is sleeping and WiFi turns off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb