07-29-2012 08:27 AM
127 ... 456
tools
    My numbers are exactly the same as yours, even the radio. And I forgot to mention that the 3 plan is only 15 pounds, which is another reason I chose it.

I have not taken my phone out of the country and then back so I can't comment on the data loss problem, but I read somewhere that one of the updates took care of it.
    07-27-2012 01:39 PM
    Okay, I haven't gone out of the country (US) yet but from what I've been able to decipher:

your radio is up to date (matches mine);
    the Connection Setup app helps get all the network settings right for things like messaging;
    I believe you are limited to one "unlock" per LINE for every 10 months, just a heads up on that;

From earlier in the thread all you will need to do with the Connection Setup is switch to GSM when you are leaving. When you get there, run the setup (or it will run), then enjoy. Then when you get back here, switch to CDMA and run setup again and you should be good.

Verizon doesn't want to unlock the phones because they can otherwise let you use their SIM and charge you mega-$$$ for the privilege.
    07-29-2012 08:27 AM
127 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD