11-22-2011 09:37 AM
58 123
tools
    This is so frustrating. I appreciate the help, but when I select the Market, I get a picture of Janes Addiction and HTC Apps , Applications, and so on. There is no search icon at all.
    11-08-2011 10:52 PM
    This is so frustrating. I appreciate the help, but when I select the Market, I get a picture of Janes Addiction and HTC Apps , Applications, and so on. There is no search icon at all.
    Ah, you must still be on Nodo, which has no little search icon. In that case you can go into the Marketplace, then hit the physical (capacitive) search button on the phone and that should bring up the search.

What you should really do though is install Zune on your computer, plug in the phone and get your Mango update!
    Matthew Mazzenga likes this.
    11-08-2011 11:09 PM
    Ah, you must still be on Nodo, which has no little search icon. In that case you can go into the Marketplace, then hit the physical (capacitive) search button on the phone and that should bring up the search.

What you should really do though is install Zune on your computer, plug in the phone and get your Mango update!
    I have tried that search multiple multiple times. Facebook does not come up when searching for Facebook
    11-08-2011 11:18 PM
    I have tried that search multiple multiple times. Facebook does not come up when searching for Facebook
    That's really strange. I can't imagine why it wouldn't show up when you do a search.

I don't have any other ideas except you can try installing it from this link (you can do this from your computer, you don't have to do this on the phone's browser):
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...4-00237de2db9e

Once you log in with your live id you should see a red button that says 'get free app'. That should let you install it.
    11-08-2011 11:26 PM
    That's really strange. I can't imagine why it wouldn't show up when you do a search.

I don't have any other ideas except you can try installing it from this link (you can do this from your computer, you don't have to do this on the phone's browser):
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...4-00237de2db9e

Once you log in with your live id you should see a red button that says 'get free app'. That should let you install it.
    So, I followed your link. It made me sign in to my live.com account. Did that. It said to check my email for info on how to install. Clicked the link in my email. It took me to the Facebook app that I found under the "Market Search" app, and again, there is absolutely, positively no link that says to install. I see it on every other application, but there is no "Install". The directions in my email state to "click the install when prompted".........I absolutely can not believe this.
    11-09-2011 12:17 AM
    So, I followed your link. It made me sign in to my live.com account. Did that. It said to check my email for info on how to install. Clicked the link in my email. It took me to the Facebook app that I found under the "Market Search" app, and again, there is absolutely, positively no link that says to install. I see it on every other application, but there is no "Install". The directions in my email state to "click the install when prompted".........I absolutely can not believe this.
    This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you don't already have it installed?
    11-09-2011 12:30 AM
    This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you don't already have it installed?
    I don't see it....from the home screen, I swipe to the left, and all of my programs such as Alarms, Calculator, etc are lined up in one long row, and I don't see Facebook on there at all. Would it be under something I'm not seeing?
    11-09-2011 12:34 AM
    So I am no further than I was last night. I am suspecting it must be downloaded already since it doesn't give the install option, but the only access I see to Facebook is through "People". I know I have not downloaded it. When I swipe from right to left, I see all the applications and programs on the phone, but no Facebook. I honestly can't believe this.
    11-09-2011 11:27 AM
    So I am no further than I was last night. I am suspecting it must be downloaded already since it doesn't give the install option, but the only access I see to Facebook is through "People". I know I have not downloaded it. When I swipe from right to left, I see all the applications and programs on the phone, but no Facebook. I honestly can't believe this.
    When you go to this page, do you see Facebook under App Purchase History?
    https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/account
    11-09-2011 12:55 PM
    When you go to this page, do you see Facebook under App Purchase History?
    https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/account
    it sure does show up, now where do I find it?
    11-09-2011 01:42 PM
    I just went to the link. It shows my purchase history. Out to the side, it says reinstall. Does this show up on your list. It might be the way to get the program to install.
    11-09-2011 04:20 PM
    I just went to the link. It shows my purchase history. Out to the side, it says reinstall. Does this show up on your list. It might be the way to get the program to install.
    I'm not sure this will work for him sinc he's still on Nodo. I think (not sure about this) that you can only do the automatic reinstall on Mango. On Nodo you have to use the email method, where it sends you a link to the Marketplace that you have to open on your phone. That only works if you've previously uninstalled the app.

If anyone knows more about how this works on Nodo feel free to chime in.

One more question for wv, when you tap the link in the email and it brings up the marketplace, does it say "in collection" like it does in my attached screenshot?
    11-09-2011 04:56 PM
    This is literally the craziest thing I have ever seen. I've been working for VZW for five years, and never have I had such an issue with any phone. I just reset the phone and tried to start all over. I went to the market, did the search for Facebook, and again, the first application that comes up is that "Market Search" application. Again, no install link to click. Unbelievable.
    11-09-2011 05:51 PM
    There was a reinstall link, I clicked on it and it took me to the Facebook app page, but no install or reinstall. Unbelievable
    11-09-2011 05:59 PM
    And you're absolutely sure you haven't installed it yet???

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be insulting....but it just seems like all clues point to that.

Otherwise, I'm perplexed.
    11-09-2011 07:03 PM
    If you are on NoDo please install the zune software and update to Mango. First thing I did on mine.
    11-09-2011 07:27 PM
    O.k. it sounds like your running Windows Phone 7.0 (not mango), two things... Sometimes I notice (especially on slow connections) you have to wait a few seconds for the full description and ratings to download before you get the install box. Either way, with Windows Phone 7.0, you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen, where you will find the install button. (swipe your finger upwards to scroll down). If that fails, then a couple of suggestions I'd recommend

1. I'm assuming you allready setup your phone's live account that's required to download
    on marketplace, and do darn near anything else with your phone?
    2. Would you mind swiping your start screen from right to left to show your apps, go to
    settings and look under about. Find the Software version, it should say Windows Phone and a number... What's the version number listed there... ?
    11-09-2011 07:34 PM
    O.k. it sounds like your running Windows Phone 7.0 (not mango), two things... Sometimes I notice (especially on slow connections) you have to wait a few seconds for the full description and ratings to download before you get the install box. Either way, with Windows Phone 7.0, you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen, where you will find the install button. (swipe your finger upwards to scroll down). If that fails, then a couple of suggestions I'd recommend

1. I'm assuming you allready setup your phone's live account that's required to download
    on marketplace, and do darn near anything else with your phone?
    2. Would you mind swiping your start screen from right to left to show your apps, go to
    settings and look under about. Find the Software version, it should say Windows Phone and a number... What's the version number listed there... ?
    I have swiped up, down, and all around . I am taking it home tonight and try syncing with Zune. If that doesn't work, I'm sending it back. I tried to get excited about this, especially with the Xbox Live but simply finding and setting up a Facebook app shouldn't be this painful. I know some of you don't like Android or Apple or Blackberry, but never have I had such issues
    11-09-2011 10:15 PM
    I can't for the life of me understand why that's happening. Have you taken the advice of several people on here and upgraded the phone to Mango yet? I don't know that it will make a difference, but just thinking of all avenues before you totally give up.
    11-09-2011 10:37 PM
    I can't for the life of me understand why that's happening. Have you taken the advice of several people on here and upgraded the phone to Mango yet? I don't know that it will make a difference, but just thinking of all avenues before you totally give up.
    I have it plugged in and updating now
    11-10-2011 12:38 AM
    and oddly enough , someone just reviewed the Facebook App and they are having the same issue as I am
    11-10-2011 12:53 AM
    If you still are on NoDo, why don't you log into Zune and upgrade to Mango. This will enhance the overall operation of your Trophy and maybe solve this problem. You will want to upgrade sooner or later and since you just reset the phone, why no do it now?

I'm sure some of us will be more than happy to step you through the upgrade.,
    11-10-2011 08:21 AM
    If you still are on NoDo, why don't you log into Zune and upgrade to Mango. This will enhance the overall operation of your Trophy and maybe solve this problem. You will want to upgrade sooner or later and since you just reset the phone, why no do it now?

I'm sure some of us will be more than happy to step you through the upgrade.,
    It was available to install after the update was done. Thanks for all the help. I still find it unbelievably strange it couldn't be downloaded in the old software.
    11-10-2011 08:41 AM
    Maybe when Facebook was updated a week or two ago to Mango they dropped support for NoDo. That's the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    justop26 likes this.
    11-10-2011 09:00 AM
    It was available to install after the update was done. Thanks for all the help. I still find it unbelievably strange it couldn't be downloaded in the old software.
    So how do you like the trophy on mango?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    11-10-2011 09:34 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD