Guess what I got?

redea30591

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
O.k. it sounds like your running Windows Phone 7.0 (not mango), two things... Sometimes I notice (especially on slow connections) you have to wait a few seconds for the full description and ratings to download before you get the install box. Either way, with Windows Phone 7.0, you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen, where you will find the install button. (swipe your finger upwards to scroll down). If that fails, then a couple of suggestions I'd recommend

1. I'm assuming you allready setup your phone's live account that's required to download
on marketplace, and do darn near anything else with your phone?
2. Would you mind swiping your start screen from right to left to show your apps, go to
settings and look under about. Find the Software version, it should say Windows Phone and a number... What's the version number listed there... ?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
O.k. it sounds like your running Windows Phone 7.0 (not mango), two things... Sometimes I notice (especially on slow connections) you have to wait a few seconds for the full description and ratings to download before you get the install box. Either way, with Windows Phone 7.0, you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen, where you will find the install button. (swipe your finger upwards to scroll down). If that fails, then a couple of suggestions I'd recommend

1. I'm assuming you allready setup your phone's live account that's required to download
on marketplace, and do darn near anything else with your phone?
2. Would you mind swiping your start screen from right to left to show your apps, go to
settings and look under about. Find the Software version, it should say Windows Phone and a number... What's the version number listed there... ?

I have swiped up, down, and all around . I am taking it home tonight and try syncing with Zune. If that doesn't work, I'm sending it back. I tried to get excited about this, especially with the Xbox Live but simply finding and setting up a Facebook app shouldn't be this painful. I know some of you don't like Android or Apple or Blackberry, but never have I had such issues

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't for the life of me understand why that's happening. Have you taken the advice of several people on here and upgraded the phone to Mango yet? I don't know that it will make a difference, but just thinking of all avenues before you totally give up.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If you still are on NoDo, why don't you log into Zune and upgrade to Mango. This will enhance the overall operation of your Trophy and maybe solve this problem. You will want to upgrade sooner or later and since you just reset the phone, why no do it now?

I'm sure some of us will be more than happy to step you through the upgrade.,

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
If you still are on NoDo, why don't you log into Zune and upgrade to Mango. This will enhance the overall operation of your Trophy and maybe solve this problem. You will want to upgrade sooner or later and since you just reset the phone, why no do it now?

I'm sure some of us will be more than happy to step you through the upgrade.,

It was available to install after the update was done. Thanks for all the help. I still find it unbelievably strange it couldn't be downloaded in the old software.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe when Facebook was updated a week or two ago to Mango they dropped support for NoDo. That's the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It was available to install after the update was done. Thanks for all the help. I still find it unbelievably strange it couldn't be downloaded in the old software.

The issue has to do with compatibility between WP7 and WP7.5. Certain apps are only available on WP7.5. I had the same problem and once I upgraded, I was able to find all the apps...

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The issue has to do with compatibility between WP7 and WP7.5. Certain apps are only available on WP7.5. I had the same problem and once I upgraded, I was able to find all the apps...
Facebook was always available on WP7, and the Marketplace normally shows the old version if you haven't updated to 7.5 yet. Unless of course they pulled the old version, but I can't imagine why they would do that since not everyone is running Mango yet. I still don't understand why this happened.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Facebook was always available on WP7, and the Marketplace normally shows the old version if you haven't updated to 7.5 yet. Unless of course they pulled the old version, but I can't imagine why they would do that since not everyone is running Mango yet. I still don't understand why this happened.

When I was helping a friend a couple of weeks ago Facebook was not available for Nodo, it simply did not show up in marketplace so it looks like the nodo version was pulled.

Of course after mango upgrade it showed up and all was well.

So, as with all computing & consumer electronics devices these days, first thing is to attempt to download the latest firmware and/or drivers even if you just took the item out of the box :)

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
When I was helping a friend a couple of weeks ago Facebook was not available for Nodo, it simply did not show up in marketplace so it looks like the nodo version was pulled.

Of course after mango upgrade it showed up and all was well.

So, as with all computing & consumer electronics devices these days, first thing is to attempt to download the latest firmware and/or drivers even if you just took the item out of the box :)
I understand that, but what about the poor folks with a Focus 1.4 or Dell Venue Pro on ATT? They just can't install Facebook at all? That seems like a terrible move to me. Why not just leave the old version out there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte