Guess what I got?

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, from the way you describe "tapping the Facebook logo and nothing's happening", I am picturing you on the Details page for the app in the Marketplace. Says "details" and "reviews" at the top. Big Facebook logo with the star ratings right under it?

If that's where you are, you should see a big rectangle at the bottom of the screen with the word "install" in it. Tap it. :)

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, from the way you describe "tapping the Facebook logo and nothing's happening", I am picturing you on the Details page for the app in the Marketplace. Says "details" and "reviews" at the top. Big Facebook logo with the star ratings right under it?

If that's where you are, you should see a big rectangle at the bottom of the screen with the word "install" in it. Tap it. :)

There is no install button underneath. The star ratings are to the side, the reviews are underneath, but absolutely positively no install. I have seen the install on other apps I have downloaded. Not on this

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
And again, I am able to view the Facebook app in the Market Search app, but it in no way shows up under the general search option under the market.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Here we go:
1 (Home.jpg): open Marketplace
2 (Marketplace.jpg): tap search button
3 (MP Search.jpg): type 'facebook' in the box and tap it on the list that pops up
4 (Select.jpg): tap on the facebook app
5 (Install.jpg): tap install button

You may be taken to another screen with a button that says buy or something like that. Don't worry, Facebook is free.

You're done! You'll get taken to the app list and you can watch it install.

Enjoy.

Edit: I posted this before I saw your last 2 posts. Does it still have the share button? If so, then you might already have it installed.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This is so frustrating. I appreciate the help, but when I select the Market, I get a picture of Janes Addiction and HTC Apps , Applications, and so on. There is no search icon at all.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This is so frustrating. I appreciate the help, but when I select the Market, I get a picture of Janes Addiction and HTC Apps , Applications, and so on. There is no search icon at all.
Ah, you must still be on Nodo, which has no little search icon. In that case you can go into the Marketplace, then hit the physical (capacitive) search button on the phone and that should bring up the search.

What you should really do though is install Zune on your computer, plug in the phone and get your Mango update!

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, you must still be on Nodo, which has no little search icon. In that case you can go into the Marketplace, then hit the physical (capacitive) search button on the phone and that should bring up the search.

What you should really do though is install Zune on your computer, plug in the phone and get your Mango update!

I have tried that search multiple multiple times. Facebook does not come up when searching for Facebook

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have tried that search multiple multiple times. Facebook does not come up when searching for Facebook
That's really strange. I can't imagine why it wouldn't show up when you do a search.

I don't have any other ideas except you can try installing it from this link (you can do this from your computer, you don't have to do this on the phone's browser):
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/82a23635-5bd9-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

Once you log in with your live id you should see a red button that says 'get free app'. That should let you install it.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
That's really strange. I can't imagine why it wouldn't show up when you do a search.

I don't have any other ideas except you can try installing it from this link (you can do this from your computer, you don't have to do this on the phone's browser):
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/82a23635-5bd9-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

Once you log in with your live id you should see a red button that says 'get free app'. That should let you install it.

So, I followed your link. It made me sign in to my live.com account. Did that. It said to check my email for info on how to install. Clicked the link in my email. It took me to the Facebook app that I found under the "Market Search" app, and again, there is absolutely, positively no link that says to install. I see it on every other application, but there is no "Install". The directions in my email state to "click the install when prompted".........I absolutely can not believe this.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I followed your link. It made me sign in to my live.com account. Did that. It said to check my email for info on how to install. Clicked the link in my email. It took me to the Facebook app that I found under the "Market Search" app, and again, there is absolutely, positively no link that says to install. I see it on every other application, but there is no "Install". The directions in my email state to "click the install when prompted".........I absolutely can not believe this.
This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you don't already have it installed?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you don't already have it installed?

I don't see it....from the home screen, I swipe to the left, and all of my programs such as Alarms, Calculator, etc are lined up in one long row, and I don't see Facebook on there at all. Would it be under something I'm not seeing?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So I am no further than I was last night. I am suspecting it must be downloaded already since it doesn't give the install option, but the only access I see to Facebook is through "People". I know I have not downloaded it. When I swipe from right to left, I see all the applications and programs on the phone, but no Facebook. I honestly can't believe this.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So I am no further than I was last night. I am suspecting it must be downloaded already since it doesn't give the install option, but the only access I see to Facebook is through "People". I know I have not downloaded it. When I swipe from right to left, I see all the applications and programs on the phone, but no Facebook. I honestly can't believe this.
When you go to this page, do you see Facebook under App Purchase History?
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/account

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I just went to the link. It shows my purchase history. Out to the side, it says reinstall. Does this show up on your list. It might be the way to get the program to install.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just went to the link. It shows my purchase history. Out to the side, it says reinstall. Does this show up on your list. It might be the way to get the program to install.
I'm not sure this will work for him sinc he's still on Nodo. I think (not sure about this) that you can only do the automatic reinstall on Mango. On Nodo you have to use the email method, where it sends you a link to the Marketplace that you have to open on your phone. That only works if you've previously uninstalled the app.

If anyone knows more about how this works on Nodo feel free to chime in.

One more question for wv, when you tap the link in the email and it brings up the marketplace, does it say "in collection" like it does in my attached screenshot?

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This is literally the craziest thing I have ever seen. I've been working for VZW for five years, and never have I had such an issue with any phone. I just reset the phone and tried to start all over. I went to the market, did the search for Facebook, and again, the first application that comes up is that "Market Search" application. Again, no install link to click. Unbelievable.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
There was a reinstall link, I clicked on it and it took me to the Facebook app page, but no install or reinstall. Unbelievable

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
And you're absolutely sure you haven't installed it yet???

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be insulting....but it just seems like all clues point to that.

Otherwise, I'm perplexed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss