11-22-2011 08:37 AM
58 123
tools
    Through a program at work, I am now using the Trophy! I picked this out of multiple choices. Now, how do I simply download a Facebook application? I have Facebook on People, but I want the actual application? Thanks, and happy to be part of the group!
    Last edited by wireless vet; 11-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    11-08-2011 03:13 PM
    Just download it via the marketplace, it's listed under applications / social / free :)
    11-08-2011 03:39 PM
    Hi there! Just go to Marketplace on your phone and search for the app.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    11-08-2011 03:40 PM
    I have done what you both are saying and nothing comes up. One of my coworkers said I may have to sync it with Zune?
    11-08-2011 03:44 PM
    After downloading, did you check your apps on your list? You will not see the Facebook tile on your home screen until you move it there.

11-08-2011 03:59 PM
    Download what? I haven't downloaded anything
    11-08-2011 04:07 PM
    go into the marketplace on the phone. Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen. In the box and type Facebook. It will probably be the first option that drops down. Touch Facebook, then touch install. It will begin downloading. You may have to back all the way out and then look in your app list. You will see a bar showing the install process at some point. Once it downloads and installs, simply open the app and log in.
    11-08-2011 05:48 PM
    go into the marketplace on the phone. Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen. In the box and type Facebook. It will probably be the first option that drops down. Touch Facebook, then touch install. It will begin downloading. You may have to back all the way out and then look in your app list. You will see a bar showing the install process at some point. Once it downloads and installs, simply open the app and log in.
    I have done this, Facebook does not show up. When I search Facebook does not show up
    11-08-2011 06:15 PM
    Aren't you the same wireless vet that was so helpful with Verizon info a few months ago? Now you have the Trophy and don't know much about downloading apps. I think this is really odd. No wonder no one at Verizon knows much about WP7.

If I'm wrong about this, my apologies.
    11-08-2011 06:18 PM
    Aren't you the same wireless vet that was so helpful with Verizon info a few months ago? Now you have the Trophy and don't know much about downloading apps. I think this is really odd. No wonder no one at Verizon knows much about WP7.

If I'm wrong about this, my apologies.
    That is correct, thanks for your greeting
    11-08-2011 06:29 PM
    I just checked Marketplace on my phone and Facebook pops up immediately when I type in the search. Strange.

11-08-2011 06:30 PM
    I have done this, Facebook does not show up. When I search Facebook does not show up
    Who's on first? What's on second. I Don't Know's on third. :D

It's there. try again. :D
    11-08-2011 06:35 PM
    I just checked Marketplace on my phone and Facebook pops up immediately when I type in the search. Strange.

Who's on first? What's on second. I Don't Know's on third. :D

It's there. try again. :D
    When I do the search, I enter Facebook, the first choice that comes up is a "Market Place Search", I downloaded that application, and entered Facebook in that, it does take me to a Facebook app, but there is no install choice
    11-08-2011 07:08 PM
    Ok, click on that Facebook app and on the bottom of that page you will see 'install'.

11-08-2011 07:24 PM
    When I do the search, I enter Facebook, the first choice that comes up is a "Market Place Search", I downloaded that application, and entered Facebook in that, it does take me to a Facebook app, but there is no install choice
    You are doing it through Zune correct? If so, make Zune full screen.
    11-08-2011 07:24 PM
    You are doing it through Zune correct? If so, make Zune full screen.
    No, I am doing all of this on the phone
    11-08-2011 07:56 PM
    No, I am doing all of this on the phone
    Touch the screen again, the install window should come up.
    11-08-2011 08:09 PM
    I just did a search, and that Marketplace Search app does come up in the list, but the Facebook app is above it. It's the first app in the list.
    11-08-2011 08:12 PM
    I just did a search, and that Marketplace Search app does come up in the list, but the Facebook app is above it. It's the first app in the list.
    This is so frustrating...im tapping the Facebook app on the Facebook symbol and every where in between and nothing happens.
    11-08-2011 08:21 PM
    You're tapping it where? Meaning, are you still in the marketplace, or have you downloaded it?
    11-08-2011 08:27 PM
    You're tapping it where? Meaning, are you still in the marketplace, or have you downloaded it?
    the market
    11-08-2011 08:35 PM
    Ok, from the way you describe "tapping the Facebook logo and nothing's happening", I am picturing you on the Details page for the app in the Marketplace. Says "details" and "reviews" at the top. Big Facebook logo with the star ratings right under it?

If that's where you are, you should see a big rectangle at the bottom of the screen with the word "install" in it. Tap it. :)
    11-08-2011 08:58 PM
    Ok, from the way you describe "tapping the Facebook logo and nothing's happening", I am picturing you on the Details page for the app in the Marketplace. Says "details" and "reviews" at the top. Big Facebook logo with the star ratings right under it?

If that's where you are, you should see a big rectangle at the bottom of the screen with the word "install" in it. Tap it. :)
    There is no install button underneath. The star ratings are to the side, the reviews are underneath, but absolutely positively no install. I have seen the install on other apps I have downloaded. Not on this
    11-08-2011 09:19 PM
    And again, I am able to view the Facebook app in the Market Search app, but it in no way shows up under the general search option under the market.
    11-08-2011 09:25 PM
    Here we go:
    1 (Home.jpg): open Marketplace
    2 (Marketplace.jpg): tap search button
    3 (MP Search.jpg): type 'facebook' in the box and tap it on the list that pops up
    4 (Select.jpg): tap on the facebook app
    5 (Install.jpg): tap install button

You may be taken to another screen with a button that says buy or something like that. Don't worry, Facebook is free.

You're done! You'll get taken to the app list and you can watch it install.

Enjoy.

Edit: I posted this before I saw your last 2 posts. Does it still have the share button? If so, then you might already have it installed.
    Matthew Mazzenga likes this.
    11-08-2011 09:31 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD