joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Am I correct in my assumptions, that I cannot stream my music on my phone to my car stereo, unless my car stereo supports bluetooth which it does not?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You can get a FM adapter that will receive the music from your phone and then rebroadcast it as an FM signal. I have a Motorola T505 that I use for this. You can also pick one up at Radio shack that uses the 3.5 mm jack basically does the same thing.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Motorola makes Bluetooth devices that you can connect your phone with and it will play over your fm speakers.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You can get a FM adapter that will receive the music from your phone and then rebroadcast it as an FM signal. I have a Motorola T505 that I use for this. You can also pick one up at Radio shack that uses the 3.5 mm jack basically does the same thing.

You beat me to it! The t505 is the one I want.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Does your car have either an AUX input or a Cassette player? I use the AUX input on a Town & Country, and a Cassette-->3.5mm adaptor on an old Quest.
Music, Phone calls come out fine. Bing navigate needs to speak up, however.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Does your car have either an AUX input or a Cassette player? I use the AUX input on a Town & Country, and a Cassette-->3.5mm adaptor on an old Quest.

Cassette-->3.5mm adaptor I haven't seen one of those in years. I better be careful I might show my age...lol

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I drive an 07 Focus. It might have aux, but it does not have a cassette player.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It is the factory stereo and mp3 compatible, just nothing fancy. I am going to check the manual to make sure there is not a way to sync my phone to it. Thanks everyone for the replies, I appreciate you clearing up my options. :)

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

One question I have about the Motorola, it says it works off of bluetooth. Does my car stereo have to have bluetooth support? Thanks

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
One question I have about the Motorola, it says it works off of bluetooth. Does my car stereo have to have bluetooth support? Thanks

No. You pair your phone with the Motorola via Bluetooth and the Motorola will put out an fm frequency so you can listen through your radio.

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use a Motorola Roadster BT-FM adapter, which can be purchased at most Verizon stores. The only annoying thing about it is that when you turn it on or when it connects to your phone it will say 'Droid'. However, one nice thing, it will read any text messages that you receive and let you respond to them hands free. My wife has one in her car and she uses and android phone but it will not do the same for her.

I will point out that because it is using BT to connect to your phone, you will not experience any SRS sound enhancement to your music. In order for this to work the phone has be be physically connected through it's headphone jack to a AUX jack in your car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon