Am I correct in my assumptions, that I cannot stream my music on my phone to my car stereo, unless my car stereo supports bluetooth which it does not?
    11-28-2011 04:48 PM
    That is correct.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    joemd60 likes this.
    11-28-2011 05:44 PM
    You can get a FM adapter that will receive the music from your phone and then rebroadcast it as an FM signal. I have a Motorola T505 that I use for this. You can also pick one up at Radio shack that uses the 3.5 mm jack basically does the same thing.
    joemd60 likes this.
    11-28-2011 07:56 PM
    Motorola makes Bluetooth devices that you can connect your phone with and it will play over your fm speakers.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    joemd60 likes this.
    11-28-2011 07:57 PM
    You can get a FM adapter that will receive the music from your phone and then rebroadcast it as an FM signal. I have a Motorola T505 that I use for this. You can also pick one up at Radio shack that uses the 3.5 mm jack basically does the same thing.
    You beat me to it! The t505 is the one I want.

11-28-2011 07:58 PM
    Does your car have either an AUX input or a Cassette player? I use the AUX input on a Town & Country, and a Cassette-->3.5mm adaptor on an old Quest.
    Music, Phone calls come out fine. Bing navigate needs to speak up, however.
    joemd60 likes this.
    11-28-2011 08:38 PM
    Does your car have either an AUX input or a Cassette player? I use the AUX input on a Town & Country, and a Cassette-->3.5mm adaptor on an old Quest.
    Cassette-->3.5mm adaptor I haven't seen one of those in years. I better be careful I might show my age...lol
    joemd60 and MickeyCeeCT like this.
    11-28-2011 08:44 PM
    I drive an 07 Focus. It might have aux, but it does not have a cassette player.
    11-28-2011 09:59 PM
    I drive an 07 Focus. It might have aux, but it does not have a cassette player.
    Does it have the Microsoft Sync? I think that has an internal BT link to any phone, iirc.
    11-28-2011 11:04 PM
    Does it have the Microsoft Sync? I think that has an internal BT link to any phone, iirc.
    No it does not, I am going to look at it closer and see what my options are. I may be going the adapter route if it works.
    11-28-2011 11:42 PM
    Ah :( Well, the BT-->FM or just pure FM transmitter could always work.
    11-29-2011 12:39 AM
    It is the factory stereo and mp3 compatible, just nothing fancy. I am going to check the manual to make sure there is not a way to sync my phone to it. Thanks everyone for the replies, I appreciate you clearing up my options. :)
    11-29-2011 03:50 AM
    One question I have about the Motorola, it says it works off of bluetooth. Does my car stereo have to have bluetooth support? Thanks
    11-29-2011 05:44 PM
    One question I have about the Motorola, it says it works off of bluetooth. Does my car stereo have to have bluetooth support? Thanks
    No. You pair your phone with the Motorola via Bluetooth and the Motorola will put out an fm frequency so you can listen through your radio.

joemd60 likes this.
    11-29-2011 05:50 PM
    /\What he said/\
    11-29-2011 07:48 PM
    Cassette-->3.5mm adaptor I haven't seen one of those in years. I better be careful I might show my age...lol
    Is there anyway I can play music over my 8 track? :D
    joemd60 likes this.
    11-29-2011 08:00 PM
    I use a Motorola Roadster BT-FM adapter, which can be purchased at most Verizon stores. The only annoying thing about it is that when you turn it on or when it connects to your phone it will say 'Droid'. However, one nice thing, it will read any text messages that you receive and let you respond to them hands free. My wife has one in her car and she uses and android phone but it will not do the same for her.

I will point out that because it is using BT to connect to your phone, you will not experience any SRS sound enhancement to your music. In order for this to work the phone has be be physically connected through it's headphone jack to a AUX jack in your car.
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-01-2011 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD