HTC Trophy review from a new WP7 user

patmondor

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to say a "hello!" to this forum. Been a long time "stalker" of the forum, but joined today to provide feedback to those that might be in the same position I have been over the last several months.

I'm a long time Verizon customer, who jumped into the smartphone world with the HTC Droid Incredible in June 2010 (yea...I know). I was very excited to be able to bring my mobile life with me. I loaded the phone up with apps, even used a different launcher to change the look and feel from the default HTC Sense to a very streamlined look and feel. After time, however, I began to feel "left" out. Google began releasing new updates to the OS, like Gingerbread and Ice Cream sandwich. Shockingly, my state of the art phone didn't warrant an OS update. As Droid devices launched every other day...my device was lost in the shuffle. I then began turning my attention elsewhere to other offerings. I have many friends, who use the iPhone, and my kids have an iTouch. However, iOS is just plain "busy". The UI was very similar to Droid...many icons, very little integration within the phone. Everything felt separate and disjointed.

I turned my attention to WP7. I heard about how this new OS by Microsoft would eventually capture 25% by 2015, but somehow couldn't believe such talk when all the buzz was about Droid and iPhone. I did alot of research and came to one conclusion. I wanted in! I then pulled the trigger and purchased the HTC Trophy (didn't have much of a choice). :lol:

For those on the fence...time to jump! The Trophy and more specifically the OS is stunning! Everything is well integrated and the user experience is nothing I have ever seen on any device. I set it up with my Windows Live account, Google and Facebook. Everything works as advertised. I do have a little nibble with the way Google mail is handled, but nothing that can't be overcome and hopefully improved in the future. I have used the hubs, Zune with my Zune pass, Bing maps, etc. Everything just works! More importantly I appreciate the hard work by Microsoft to ensure all the apps adhere to the Metro UI standard, to present a consistent user experience.

I'm very excited to be an HTC Trophy owner! I'm impressed with the hardware, navigation is buttery smooth and the OS is a site to behold. I think the user experience is second to none, and it is a shame that this gem of an OS is still unknown to many who flock to their respective carrier looking for an upgrade. I see now why despite the small market share numbers today, why the "experts" see this OS a good solid second in the years to come. Kudos to HTC and Microsoft for this platform. :cool:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. I did a lot of searching before I got mine. It is my first smartphone, and I couldn't be happier.

I even got a co-worker onto WP7, and he loves it too.

zoomy942

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to say a "hello!" to this forum. Been a long time "stalker" of the forum, but joined today to provide feedback to those that might be in the same position I have been over the last several months.

I'm a long time Verizon customer, who jumped into the smartphone world with the HTC Droid Incredible in June 2010 (yea...I know). I was very excited to be able to bring my mobile life with me. I loaded the phone up with apps, even used a different launcher to change the look and feel from the default HTC Sense to a very streamlined look and feel. After time, however, I began to feel "left" out. Google began releasing new updates to the OS, like Gingerbread and Ice Cream sandwich. Shockingly, my state of the art phone didn't warrant an OS update. As Droid devices launched every other day...my device was lost in the shuffle. I then began turning my attention elsewhere to other offerings. I have many friends, who use the iPhone, and my kids have an iTouch. However, iOS is just plain "busy". The UI was very similar to Droid...many icons, very little integration within the phone. Everything felt separate and disjointed.

I turned my attention to WP7. I heard about how this new OS by Microsoft would eventually capture 25% by 2015, but somehow couldn't believe such talk when all the buzz was about Droid and iPhone. I did alot of research and came to one conclusion. I wanted in! I then pulled the trigger and purchased the HTC Trophy (didn't have much of a choice). :lol:

For those on the fence...time to jump! The Trophy and more specifically the OS is stunning! Everything is well integrated and the user experience is nothing I have ever seen on any device. I set it up with my Windows Live account, Google and Facebook. Everything works as advertised. I do have a little nibble with the way Google mail is handled, but nothing that can't be overcome and hopefully improved in the future. I have used the hubs, Zune with my Zune pass, Bing maps, etc. Everything just works! More importantly I appreciate the hard work by Microsoft to ensure all the apps adhere to the Metro UI standard, to present a consistent user experience.

I'm very excited to be an HTC Trophy owner! I'm impressed with the hardware, navigation is buttery smooth and the OS is a site to behold. I think the user experience is second to none, and it is a shame that this gem of an OS is still unknown to many who flock to their respective carrier looking for an upgrade. I see now why despite the small market share numbers today, why the "experts" see this OS a good solid second in the years to come. Kudos to HTC and Microsoft for this platform. :cool:

what about how it handles gmail?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077