03-06-2012 06:33 PM
29 12
tools
    I also though there was some momentum with windows devices but with no new devices in the near future windows mobile will become a thing of the past if Microsoft docent move quicker.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-04-2012 08:11 AM
    I also though there was some momentum with windows devices but with no new devices in the near future windows mobile will become a thing of the past if Microsoft docent move quicker.
    I understand what you are saying, and I think that statement is right 99% of the time. Then I think of the deep pockets ($$$) that Microsoft has. They can invest millions to have it payoff 5 years down the road, while other companies need to see an immediate return on their investment.
    03-04-2012 08:24 AM
    I understand what you are saying, and I think that statement is right 99% of the time. Then I think of the deep pockets ($$$) that Microsoft has. They can invest millions to have it payoff 5 years down the road, while other companies need to see an immediate return on their investment.
    I see people saying this all the time, and it is true to some extent. But I think some people are underestimating the power of the shareholders. Shareholders are often pretty shortsighted. They always want to see immediate profits, sometimes at the expense of a long term strategy. If things don't keep improving then the leadership at MS is going to find it harder and harder to justify the expense to the board.

Yes, I know it took some time for the Xbox to be profitable but that's not necessarily the same situation. I think they need to keep pushing and improving sales or the shareholders will demand that they cut their losses.
    03-05-2012 09:25 AM
    I was talking to my Vzw rep, whom I have a lot of faith in, and she told me not to expect anything until WP8 for a new device on Vzw. We've known each other many years and she owes me, so I believe her when she says that. Sigh...
    03-06-2012 06:33 PM
29 12