This is how pathetic Verizon is...

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update Honestabebread. :cool:

Yeah, thank you very much Honestabebread. It's nice to finally have hope again. I've been increasingly tempted to go over to "the dark side" even though I have been satisfied with Verizon in every other area.

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait on big red...

This is after 2 years with a Palm pre. I would love a hot shot Nokia phone but for now it's more about the OS and the network than the device.

I went with a Palm to tide me over until the iphone dropped on VZW but somewhere along the way Apple lost me and Google didn't get me.

la3875

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Come on Verizon!

I recommend we VZW subscribers start hammering them on your account comment page. Perhaps we can get their attention? I love this OS and the phone experience but would really love to have more choices of windows Phones from them. :mad:

BKPruitt

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
"LAS VEGAS--Verizon isn't holding a press conference at CES, but that hasn't stopped the carrier from spilling a ton of announcements on the show's official Press Day.

Just before it showed off the Motorola Droid 4, a Droid Razr in purple, and the new Droid Razr Maxx this morning, Big Red also unveiled a new BlackBerry world phone with the Curve 9370. "

Read more: Verizon goes global with BlackBerry Curve 9370 | CES 2012: Smartphones - CNET Blogs
Let's face it, Verizon is a Android/iOS store ... nothing else.

I love my Trophy, although I would love a Titan more. I believe the momentum is with Windows phones and that Verizon will be very sorry they didn't get in early. ;)

PTZ

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I too am awaiting a better selection of WP phones at Verizon. My contract ends in one month and I am debating the next move for my wife and I. I really like the Windows Mango and would like to synch my business/homelife to it. I like the simplicity and smooth way it works. My wish is for Lumia 710, so it looks like I would have to switch carriers for that. Stopped by Verizon last week to have them check out my Samsung work phone and browsed about. I was quickly guided to the Motorola Droids and given an enthusiastic sales pitch. When I asked about the lone WP phone they had nothing to say about it at all. Even the BlackBerry offerings are totally neglected as I asked about them too. I am not into the Apple thing or the little green robot devices. So I guess I will vote with my feet so to speak.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I also though there was some momentum with windows devices but with no new devices in the near future windows mobile will become a thing of the past if Microsoft docent move quicker.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I also though there was some momentum with windows devices but with no new devices in the near future windows mobile will become a thing of the past if Microsoft docent move quicker.

I understand what you are saying, and I think that statement is right 99% of the time. Then I think of the deep pockets ($$$) that Microsoft has. They can invest millions to have it payoff 5 years down the road, while other companies need to see an immediate return on their investment.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you are saying, and I think that statement is right 99% of the time. Then I think of the deep pockets ($$$) that Microsoft has. They can invest millions to have it payoff 5 years down the road, while other companies need to see an immediate return on their investment.
I see people saying this all the time, and it is true to some extent. But I think some people are underestimating the power of the shareholders. Shareholders are often pretty shortsighted. They always want to see immediate profits, sometimes at the expense of a long term strategy. If things don't keep improving then the leadership at MS is going to find it harder and harder to justify the expense to the board.

Yes, I know it took some time for the Xbox to be profitable but that's not necessarily the same situation. I think they need to keep pushing and improving sales or the shareholders will demand that they cut their losses.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to my Vzw rep, whom I have a lot of faith in, and she told me not to expect anything until WP8 for a new device on Vzw. We've known each other many years and she owes me, so I believe her when she says that. Sigh...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon