8107 Update

mikecel79

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I went back to 7740

Any word on Verizon pushing this out, or a way we can download direct?
I installed the 8107 update on my HTC Trophy using the WPUpdate tools and had a problem with the dialer. When I pressed on the dialer from the home screen it would crash and go back to the home screen. I ended up going back to the 7740 update. I was mainly interested in the Exchange 2003 fixes so I am ok with using the 7740 update.

I would expect that there needs to be a firmware update to go along with the 8107 update on the Trophy. We'll see if Verizon ever releases the update at all.

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Updated mine using the great instructions on this site:

Updating Your Windows Phone to 8107 - RobertMcLa.ws

Worked fine on my Verizon Trophy and I am running 8107 without any issues. Had to install both the English - United States and the Spanish Language Packs.

Since I am running Windows XP, I downloaded the cab sender and the windows xp cab sender fix graciously available from:

Index of /TOOLS

As usual, DO THE UPDATES AT YOUR OWN RISK! I am fairly comfortable installing software but I am not an expert by any means. I just figured out the tools needed and that were made available by the hard work of others and got it to work without any problems.

What I did not expect is for the back-up I made to be available in Zune, which is pretty nice.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Updated mine using the great instructions on this site:

Updating Your Windows Phone to 8107 - RobertMcLa.ws

Worked fine on my Verizon Trophy and I am running 8107 without any issues. Had to install both the English - United States and the Spanish Language Packs.

Since I am running Windows XP, I downloaded the cab sender and the windows xp cab sender fix graciously available from:

Index of /TOOLS

As usual, DO THE UPDATES AT YOUR OWN RISK! I am fairly comfortable installing software but I am not an expert by any means. I just figured out the tools needed and that were made available by the hard work of others and got it to work without any problems.

What I did not expect is for the back-up I made to be available in Zune, which is pretty nice.
I followed these instructions exactly on a Win7 PC and it worked flawlessly! Thanks for the tip! Kb doesn't auto disappear on me like it used to. I didn't have problems with gmail sync so hope that isn't broken now. ;)
Took about 10 min to do. Does this backup tool make a complete backup of the phone? If something happens to the phone, can I restore the backup to a new phone just in case?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Do these instructions work for the HTC Radar?

I see that there is a warning if there are more languages than what you have then DO NOT INSTALL. I have Deutsch on my Radar and I don't see a CAB for Deutsch. Should I stop now?

Last edited:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Do these instructions work for the HTC Radar?

I see that there is a warning if there are more languages than what you have then DO NOT INSTALL. I have Deutsch on my Radar and I don't see a CAB for Deutsch. Should I stop now?

I would stop. It says specifically to stop if the languages don't match up. Also, I think this is just for Trophy, but I didn't write up the instructions.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I would stop. It says specifically to stop if the languages don't match up. Also, I think this is just for Trophy, but I didn't write up the instructions.

I went ahead and did it and it updated to 8107 just fine. I didn't even have to update to 7740, so perhaps I did something wrong, but everything is working just like before on my phone with no bugs, missing things, or anything at all. I figured if my phone is stock, the languages have to be out there. Turns out that Deustch is just German (which there was the German pack) and Espanol is just Spanish. Just different naming conventions from my phone, but I knew they had to be the same thing so I went ahead and downloaded all the packs my phone had and put them in the same location as the Cab Sender. Then, I downloaded 7740 and 8107 and put those all in the same folder as the CAB Sender folder as well. Then I ran the Cab Sender and only had to click "Send Cab to device" one time, and it only took a couple of minutes.

However, I am noticing absolutely no changes whatsoever. My keyboard doesn't disappear, but the accuracy still isn't as good as NoDo. Bummer, as I was really looking forward to it. Did I perhaps install it wrong? I followed the instructions from the first link posted on how to do this, and I only pushed "S" for send to CAB file one time. I saw other people having to take time to install language packs one by one, so perhaps that's why my phone is the same? Idk, but I'm noticing no differences, although my phone does say 8107.79 in my about menu =(

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and did it and it updated to 8107 just fine. I didn't even have to update to 7740, so perhaps I did something wrong, but everything is working just like before on my phone with no bugs, missing things, or anything at all. I figured if my phone is stock, the languages have to be out there. Turns out that Deustch is just German (which there was the German pack) and Espanol is just Spanish. Just different naming conventions from my phone, but I knew they had to be the same thing so I went ahead and downloaded all the packs my phone had and put them in the same location as the Cab Sender. Then, I downloaded 7740 and 8107 and put those all in the same folder as the CAB Sender folder as well. Then I ran the Cab Sender and only had to click "Send Cab to device" one time, and it only took a couple of minutes.

However, I am noticing absolutely no changes whatsoever. My keyboard doesn't disappear, but the accuracy still isn't as good as NoDo. Bummer, as I was really looking forward to it. Did I perhaps install it wrong? I followed the instructions from the first link posted on how to do this, and I only pushed "S" for send to CAB file one time. I saw other people having to take time to install language packs one by one, so perhaps that's why my phone is the same? Idk, but I'm noticing no differences, although my phone does say 8107.79 in my about menu =(
Hmmm... Not sure what to tell you. I hit "B" like the instructions said and didn't have to manually install the language packs. I can't speak for others, but it works on mine. I haven't had the kb auto disappear on me once since I installed it.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... Not sure what to tell you. I hit "B" like the instructions said and didn't have to manually install the language packs. I can't speak for others, but it works on mine. I haven't had the kb auto disappear on me once since I installed it.

The keyboard hasn't disappeared on me either since installing, but I'm not noticing the other differences people are claiming they've seen. I was really looking for the accuracy of touch input from NoDo to be back, but it hasn't and is still terrible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss