phone app not working

patchulaz

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
has anyone ever seen this? any time i try to hit the phone tile on my home screen, or in the apps list, the app won't run. all the tiles fly away like it's going to, but then i'm just back to the home screen. just started today. i've tried a battery pull which didn't help. trying to avoid resetting my phone. any ideas?

patchulaz

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
issue resolved. for anyone else who manually updated to 8107:

"If you updated your phone using the "main" 8107 cab file, but did not install the language file this will cause the problem you described.

"main" 8107 cab is about 5.11M in size
8107 cab language (english version) is about 80k in size

If you only update your phone with the main 8107 cab file and do not include the language cab, your phone tile and other items associated with the phone function will not work properly.

This is a two step process.

I too had the problem, but I had thought I had updated using both cab files. Once I just updated with the language cab file again, the phone worked prefectly."

jwsilver

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Phone app fix

issue resolved. for anyone else who manually updated to 8107:

"If you updated your phone using the "main" 8107 cab file, but did not install the language file this will cause the problem you described.

"main" 8107 cab is about 5.11M in size
8107 cab language (english version) is about 80k in size

If you only update your phone with the main 8107 cab file and do not include the language cab, your phone tile and other items associated with the phone function will not work properly.

This is a two step process.

I too had the problem, but I had thought I had updated using both cab files. Once I just updated with the language cab file again, the phone worked prefectly."

WOW, thank you for the information. I had the same problem. I reset the phone and that did not work, so I restored the phone from a backup and that still did not solve the issue. So I downloaded the second cab as stated and sent it to the phone. All is working again. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire