Verizon can't transmit texts in Cyrillic?

drdreydel

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I noticed an odd issue on my Trophy while trying to text in my native language - Russian (Cyrillic font). While I'm able to type the text message with no problem, it comes through as a jumbled coded mess on the receiving end. I've tried texting another VZW Trophy as well as an ATT iPhone and the problem persists (tried texting to and receiving from each of these). Texts from a Droid on VZW come through just fine however. So, could this be some sort of weird encoding that WP uses that VZW can't process? Thought this sort of thing would be fairly standard.

Thanks

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Texting in Russian...

Yeah it is an issue across many languages on the Verizon and Sprint services. I tried searching solutions for this issue a while back and was told by a rep on the Microsoft Answers site that it has to do in particular with the way that both Verizon and Sprint encode their text message sending services (CDMA or something like that).

In the mean time here is a link to a more current forum thread on wpcentral.com regarding the issue. I'm hoping to find a more definitive solution to this issue as I would love to text in the Cyrillic alphabet to my Russian friends too!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/trophy/193581.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss