Where?!!?! buy a HTC Trophy

fatalaonemanarmy

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Where can I buy a HTC Trophy in person? The reason I ask is because I went to radioshack today, and they didn't have them in the store. The reason I don't want to get it from verizon is because it's 179, but it's free from Radioshack. I can't get it online because it forces me to add data to the line, but I want to buy the phone with a new line, but not use the phone with the new line if you guys get what I'm saying. Basically I've tried Radioshack and they don't even have them on display at Verizon. It's all so annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

fatalaonemanarmy

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
It won't work because when I go to buy it, it adds a data plan because it thinks I will use that line for the phone, but I just want to switch it to my main line and just pay 10 another for the new line.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you are up for it, but I've always seen HTC trophy phones on craiglist for about 200. So yeah, non contract, no new data line. But I'm sure that's not the option you were looking for. Sorry.

LarryPGH

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you are up for it, but I've always seen HTC trophy phones on craiglist for about 200.

Be patient. I might expect that some folks who did the "smoked by windows phone" challenge were more interested in scoring a free phone that they could re-sell, than they were interested in trying out WP or the Trophy. That would suggest that there'll be a bit of a glut on the eBay market, and you should be able to buy one there for less than $200.

(Speaking only for myself, I saw the opportunity to cash in an old Blackberry Storm and try out WP; worst case, I get a reasonable backup phone...)

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You say they don't have them on display. At your Verizon store?? Have you tried talking to a rep at the store and maybe they can order one? They can get it by adding another line with a contract, then transferring the phone to your primary line. But really, it would be best to buy a used one outright so you don't have a contract. And I don't care what some people say, the Trophy is a great phone and seems to perform just as well as the N900 for most tasks. (compared my Trophy to the 900 at the store today.)

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Last late November/Early December I bought a brand new Trophy through Ebay Buy it Now for $200. However I don't know what you mean with wanting the phone but not wanting a data plan.

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The problem I see is that when you go to activate it, you will have data automatically enabled, since the phone requires it on Verizon. There is no bypass for this. All of the newer smartphones require a data plan. There is no way to activate one without it. The ESN will flag in the system, and one will be added for you.

So unless you are going to use with another provider, you will need a data plan for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans