07-08-2012 04:01 AM
44 12
tools
    I have also noticed that my Trophy randomly reboots since the upgrade. It seems to happen when I hit the power button to wake it up while it is sleeping. And no, I am not holding the button down and causing it to reboot.
    06-04-2012 07:47 PM
    After going through three phones, I think this is a design flaw in the battery connection. The phone is not actually rebooting, but is powered off as if the battery had been pulled. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but if I had to guess, I would say it may be cold solder joints on some of the devices.
    Last edited by l_n; 06-09-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: typo correction
    06-07-2012 09:36 AM
    well whatever it is its annoying. When Verizon sends a replacement phone its a refurbished phone right?
    06-07-2012 06:39 PM
    well whatever it is its annoying. When Verizon sends a replacement phone its a refurbished phone right?
    I'm pretty sure mine is a refurbished phone.
    06-08-2012 12:18 AM
    the only thing is I don't think it's a battery issue because I don't remember having any issue with resetting until the 8107 update. Actually to be honest I was having some issues ever since I unlocked my phone with chevron. Call me crazy but it was a little stuttery after I did that.
    06-08-2012 08:54 AM
    Still no random reboots. My Trophy was a new one from a Microsoft store, not via Verizon. I'm betting the battery connections have some validity.
    06-08-2012 09:48 AM
    BTW, Verizon warranty replacements are now Certified Like-New Replacements (or CLNR). These are the device returned within 14 days when people didn't like them. basically the restocked phones. They are *not* refurbished. Verizon used to ship refurbs, but had too many problems with them.
    06-09-2012 05:33 PM
    BTW, Verizon warranty replacements are now Certified Like-New Replacements (or CLNR). These are the device returned within 14 days when people didn't like them. basically the restocked phones. They are *not* refurbished. Verizon used to ship refurbs, but had too many problems with them.
    I've found the CLNR devices to be pretty solid. I had a motorola droid replaced, and this is my second trophy.
    06-10-2012 12:27 AM
    So much for this particular replacement being solid. I just experienced my second reboot a few minutes ago. Very frustrating.
    06-10-2012 10:16 AM
    my trophy continues to reboot, about three times a day, and sometimes it gets pretty slow. I have had this phone for a year now and it seems like it is getting worse. I assume most of you have had no real problems with your trophy, but for those that have how have you handled it? Can I just walk up into Verizon and exchange phones?(obviously it won't be that easy but you know what I mean) Nothing but love for the phone but it seems to be dying a little on me.
    07-06-2012 06:21 PM
    my trophy continues to reboot, about three times a day, and sometimes it gets pretty slow. I have had this phone for a year now and it seems like it is getting worse. I assume most of you have had no real problems with your trophy, but for those that have how have you handled it? Can I just walk up into Verizon and exchange phones?(obviously it won't be that easy but you know what I mean) Nothing but love for the phone but it seems to be dying a little on me.
    I had the same problem. Verizon is great to deal with. Call them and talk to them about it. I went through three or four replacements. Finally they offered me a different device, but the choices they offered weren't that good so I stuck with the Trophy. I ended up finding a good deal on a android phone, so I'm using that until the trophy gets tango or I can upgrade to WP8.

Sent from my Rezound
    07-06-2012 06:31 PM
    Power button isn't a good explanation...since you have to swipe down to power off, then hit power again to reboot.

I haven't had any problems, outside of the intermittent dropped calls, not always sure they are on my end but pretty sure some of them are. It seems like the signal will just cut out on me, sometimes long enough to drop a call. I don't think the phone plays well with the Network Extender.

Try a battery pull and let it sit for 5 minutes...hit the power button a couple times to make sure all capacitors are discharged. I've had 8107 for awhile (forced it early) and just did the firmware update this week FYI.
    Actually this is not true and I've seen this problem, but only if it's in my pocket and if I'm sitting in a way that my body is pressing on the top edge of the phone. I tested it and you can have the phone reboot by holding the power button down long enough to get the slide to power off notice, then keep holding it until the screen goes black. It will then be off. Release and hit power again as if to wake it up and it will start up. Not sure if that's a normal behavior or a bug, but it seems like a bug as I don't recall it happening before, but maybe I just never noticed it happen.

Short version: A long power press held past the swipe to power off screen until it goes black will turn it off. Can other non-Trophy users confirm if this happens or not, and what build are you using?
    07-06-2012 07:06 PM
    I had the same problem. Verizon is great to deal with. Call them and talk to them about it. I went through three or four replacements. Finally they offered me a different device, but the choices they offered weren't that good so I stuck with the Trophy. I ended up finding a good deal on a android phone, so I'm using that until the trophy gets tango or I can upgrade to WP8.

Sent from my Rezound
    You could always manually update to Tango as shown here:

http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-w...do-it-yourself

I might do this soon if I find out the little reboot issue with the long power press as described above is solved in that build.
    07-06-2012 07:11 PM
    You could always manually update to Tango as shown here:

http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-w...do-it-yourself

I might do this soon if I find out the little reboot issue with the long power press as described above is solved in that build.
    I want to wait to see if there is an HTC update with the official version. There's no urgency for me now since I have a reliable phone, so I'll wait.

Sent from my Rezound
    07-06-2012 08:00 PM
    I guess I'm lucky because I've had a Trophy for about 5 months and had 8107 and a custom rom and maybe two or three resets. I just got a replacement Trophy about a week ago (old one got a dark spot on screen) and it has been perfect, no resets.
    07-06-2012 09:30 PM
    I guess I'm lucky because I've had a Trophy for about 5 months and had 8107 and a custom rom and maybe two or three resets. I just got a replacement Trophy about a week ago (old one got a dark spot on screen) and it has been perfect, no resets.
    I've been using a trophy since last August and prior to the 8107 update it was rock solid other than the disappearing keyboard. Strange how it affects some and not others.

Sent from my Rezound
    07-06-2012 10:30 PM
    So if you guys hold the power button down and keep holding it after the slide to power off message until it goes black does it just go to lock screen again when you release and press again? And do you have 8107 or a newer build?
    07-07-2012 03:46 AM
    So if you guys hold the power button down and keep holding it after the slide to power off message until it goes black does it just go to lock screen again when you release and press again? And do you have 8107 or a newer build?
    It turns off the screen and also turns off the phone. When I press the power button again, it boots up the phone as if it was completely turned off. Yes, 8107
    07-07-2012 08:11 AM
    It turns off the screen and also turns off the phone. When I press the power button again, it boots up the phone as if it was completely turned off. Yes, 8107
    I wonder if it did that or not with the 7740 build before 8107 came out. I don't recall it happening to me before 8107 though, but it could be coincidence. Doesn't happen often, but sometimes if it's in my pocket and sitting just right it can press the power button, apparently long enough...
    07-08-2012 04:01 AM
44 12