After VZW 8107 update phone reboots...anyone else?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So after a factory reset my phone was working fine, but then the phone started to reboot again. It has happened twice today and once yesterday. Has anyone heard anything from Verizon or HTC regarding these issues. I really dont feel like doing a factory reset again, and I don't have a lot of apps either fyi.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have to say this phone has been the most stable device I have ever owned no rebooting here at all.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been rebooting more frequently. Talked to Verizon today and they are sending me a replacement. As a side note the girl I talked to said she has a coworker with a Trophy and they argue about who has the better phone. She said everyone she talks to that has the Trophy is very pleased with it.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I think my issue is if I send a text and immediately hit the power button, it like resets the phone. This is new in 8107.

Baaaca

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have also noticed that my Trophy randomly reboots since the upgrade. It seems to happen when I hit the power button to wake it up while it is sleeping. And no, I am not holding the button down and causing it to reboot.

l_n

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
After going through three phones, I think this is a design flaw in the battery connection. The phone is not actually rebooting, but is powered off as if the battery had been pulled. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but if I had to guess, I would say it may be cold solder joints on some of the devices.

Last edited:

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
the only thing is I don't think it's a battery issue because I don't remember having any issue with resetting until the 8107 update. Actually to be honest I was having some issues ever since I unlocked my phone with chevron. Call me crazy but it was a little stuttery after I did that.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Still no random reboots. My Trophy was a new one from a Microsoft store, not via Verizon. I'm betting the battery connections have some validity.

l_n

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
BTW, Verizon warranty replacements are now Certified Like-New Replacements (or CLNR). These are the device returned within 14 days when people didn't like them. basically the restocked phones. They are *not* refurbished. Verizon used to ship refurbs, but had too many problems with them.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
BTW, Verizon warranty replacements are now Certified Like-New Replacements (or CLNR). These are the device returned within 14 days when people didn't like them. basically the restocked phones. They are *not* refurbished. Verizon used to ship refurbs, but had too many problems with them.
I've found the CLNR devices to be pretty solid. I had a motorola droid replaced, and this is my second trophy.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
my trophy continues to reboot, about three times a day, and sometimes it gets pretty slow. I have had this phone for a year now and it seems like it is getting worse. I assume most of you have had no real problems with your trophy, but for those that have how have you handled it? Can I just walk up into Verizon and exchange phones?(obviously it won't be that easy but you know what I mean) Nothing but love for the phone but it seems to be dying a little on me.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
my trophy continues to reboot, about three times a day, and sometimes it gets pretty slow. I have had this phone for a year now and it seems like it is getting worse. I assume most of you have had no real problems with your trophy, but for those that have how have you handled it? Can I just walk up into Verizon and exchange phones?(obviously it won't be that easy but you know what I mean) Nothing but love for the phone but it seems to be dying a little on me.

I had the same problem. Verizon is great to deal with. Call them and talk to them about it. I went through three or four replacements. Finally they offered me a different device, but the choices they offered weren't that good so I stuck with the Trophy. I ended up finding a good deal on a android phone, so I'm using that until the trophy gets tango or I can upgrade to WP8.

Sent from my Rezound

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Power button isn't a good explanation...since you have to swipe down to power off, then hit power again to reboot.

I haven't had any problems, outside of the intermittent dropped calls, not always sure they are on my end but pretty sure some of them are. It seems like the signal will just cut out on me, sometimes long enough to drop a call. I don't think the phone plays well with the Network Extender.

Try a battery pull and let it sit for 5 minutes...hit the power button a couple times to make sure all capacitors are discharged. I've had 8107 for awhile (forced it early) and just did the firmware update this week FYI.

Actually this is not true and I've seen this problem, but only if it's in my pocket and if I'm sitting in a way that my body is pressing on the top edge of the phone. I tested it and you can have the phone reboot by holding the power button down long enough to get the slide to power off notice, then keep holding it until the screen goes black. It will then be off. Release and hit power again as if to wake it up and it will start up. Not sure if that's a normal behavior or a bug, but it seems like a bug as I don't recall it happening before, but maybe I just never noticed it happen.

Short version: A long power press held past the swipe to power off screen until it goes black will turn it off. Can other non-Trophy users confirm if this happens or not, and what build are you using?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I had the same problem. Verizon is great to deal with. Call them and talk to them about it. I went through three or four replacements. Finally they offered me a different device, but the choices they offered weren't that good so I stuck with the Trophy. I ended up finding a good deal on a android phone, so I'm using that until the trophy gets tango or I can upgrade to WP8.

Sent from my Rezound

You could always manually update to Tango as shown here:

http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-...ownload-tango-cab-file-now-and-do-it-yourself

I might do this soon if I find out the little reboot issue with the long power press as described above is solved in that build.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky because I've had a Trophy for about 5 months and had 8107 and a custom rom and maybe two or three resets. I just got a replacement Trophy about a week ago (old one got a dark spot on screen) and it has been perfect, no resets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers