After VZW 8107 update phone reboots...anyone else?

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I updated my Verizon Trophy last Thursday and have loved the keyboard fix BUT recently the phone has started to reboot on me. I can't seem to pin it down but I notice it ay be a memory or a location processing isue. I tried the updated Executive Caddie on the course yesterday and when the phone timed out, I'd turn it on and the phone would reboot. I also had it do the same thing with multiple apps open. I could be that the power button is more sensitive... I could be pressing too long. Anyone else having this issue? :confused:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Power button isn't a good explanation...since you have to swipe down to power off, then hit power again to reboot.

I haven't had any problems, outside of the intermittent dropped calls, not always sure they are on my end but pretty sure some of them are. It seems like the signal will just cut out on me, sometimes long enough to drop a call. I don't think the phone plays well with the Network Extender.

Try a battery pull and let it sit for 5 minutes...hit the power button a couple times to make sure all capacitors are discharged. I've had 8107 for awhile (forced it early) and just did the firmware update this week FYI.

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Power button isn't a good explanation...since you have to swipe down to power off, then hit power again to reboot.

I haven't had any problems, outside of the intermittent dropped calls, not always sure they are on my end but pretty sure some of them are. It seems like the signal will just cut out on me, sometimes long enough to drop a call. I don't think the phone plays well with the Network Extender.

Try a battery pull and let it sit for 5 minutes...hit the power button a couple times to make sure all capacitors are discharged. I've had 8107 for awhile (forced it early) and just did the firmware update this week FYI.
Thanks I'll ive it a try.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what your installation looks like (you may a million apps that would be a pain to reinstall), but I always do a factory reset after getting a software or firmware update. I do this on my Trophy, I do it on my gf's Android phone, and I do it when buying a new computer or upgrading from Vista to 7, etc. No matter how good an update is coded, it's never going work quite as smoothly as starting from scratch.

Windows phone is much better w updates, but I've taken android phones that could basically do nothing, reset them and had a great working phone again. Same with computers.

Also, doing a reset/clean install every once in a while ensures that all your data is backed up somewhere, so if you ever lose your phone you'll be somewhat prepared to start fresh.

Hope this helps!

l_n

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've actually had this problem since shortly after I bought my Trophy in Sept. I've actually been shipped a CLNR and still occasionally have the random, unexplained reboots. I've been on the phone with both Verizon and HTC, and neither one had an answer as to why it reboots.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I had one reboot (actually no, I pulled the battery) on my old Trophy. None on this one. Sounds like it could be hardware or perhaps an app causing something...though with it only starting since 8107 that is disturbing. :(

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks folks. I think I've isolated the issue with the Executive Caddie app and have contacted them. They've indicated a new update is coming out in a couple of days that should fix any issue and are going to see what they have for my phone on their server. If this doesn't resolve the issue the romant56 I will follow your advice and do a complete refresh. I'll let you know how I make out and thanks to all. :)

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that after receiving the 8107 my phone has had a couple random reboots as well. I have pulled the battery and restarted the phone but neither have seemed to help. I have not done a factory reset and would really hate to do so.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully after the update my Trophy hasn't had any hiccups. Sometimes the keyboard lags a bit, but after the keyboard disappearing so bad that's something I can live with.

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks! Update time. After I updated the executive caddie to the latest version, which is pretty freaking slick now. My phone has not reset. I have also rid myself of a few apps that I didn't really use and have updated other software as updates become available. So very buttery again and rock solid again. Thanks for all for your help, sharing and assistance.

TysAri08

May 18, 2012
Visit site
The issues I have after the update is my wifi acting up. I always connect to my home wifi, then go to work and it will automatically connect there, and then when I go to visit family, connect to their wifi, etc. But after the update, once I'm connected at home, it won't connect when I go elsewhere unless I turn the phone off and back on. So when I go to work, I have to turn my phone off, then when I turn it back on, it connects right to the wifi there. And when I get home, I have to do the same thing. This wasn't a problem with it prior to the update. Verizon Wireless even exchanged the phone and the new one does the exact same thing after it did all the updates. I've contacted both Verizon Wireless and HTC and neither of them are able to figure out what is going on. HTC was going to fix the phone, but I didn't want to be without it for 2 weeks, plus, since the phone was already exchanged I don't know what they could do. It's got to be some sort of software issue.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The issues I have after the update is my wifi acting up. I always connect to my home wifi, then go to work and it will automatically connect there, and then when I go to visit family, connect to their wifi, etc. But after the update, once I'm connected at home, it won't connect when I go elsewhere unless I turn the phone off and back on. So when I go to work, I have to turn my phone off, then when I turn it back on, it connects right to the wifi there. And when I get home, I have to do the same thing. This wasn't a problem with it prior to the update. Verizon Wireless even exchanged the phone and the new one does the exact same thing after it did all the updates. I've contacted both Verizon Wireless and HTC and neither of them are able to figure out what is going on. HTC was going to fix the phone, but I didn't want to be without it for 2 weeks, plus, since the phone was already exchanged I don't know what they could do. It's got to be some sort of software issue.

Have you tried deleting the all the networks as saved networks?

Muskym

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me about four times since the update, it doesn't seem to effect the phone, maybe they will fix it in a new update soon. Personally I think its kind of funny just to be looking at your phone one second and then it resetting out of no where

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
In the last couple of weeks mine has rebooted several times. I've also had trouble with the market too. Hopefully I can delete some apps and the phone will be back to normal. The only positive is that when it reboots it doesn't take long at all for the phone to get going again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb