What will hacking this phone get me that's better than stock? I had my Motorola droid rooted, now I'm thinking about hacking the Trophy if there are some advantages to it.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    04-20-2012 11:27 PM
    I asked the same question a few days ago on Twitter, go this response...

"custom themes, registry editor, lock screen widgets, orientation lock, custom folders, own sounds, and more"
    Windows Phone Hacker

I just don't really know how to get started.
    04-21-2012 02:02 AM
    Here's a starting point: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1503298

04-21-2012 08:02 AM
    Yeah, that is the thing to read (scottcraft post). It's not really that hard, and to be honest, the best thing for me is the custom themes and colors. You have access to the Bazaar Marketplace, which gives you things like ports of Chrome and Opera mobile browsers. You can also find a Trophy rom for Tango, but it looks like there are just a couple minor issues and I am waiting until those get solved.

I wouldn't say that there is any performance difference, but my phone sure looks better with different colors and themes. However, it seems to some that the Tango rom is a bit faster and may have better battery life.

Oh, forgot. You get a wifi hotspot too. Works good.
    Last edited by gapost; 04-21-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    04-21-2012 08:17 AM
    I rooted my droid for better performance and to make the phone smoother, but I know these things can't be done and aren't needed on WP, but I would like things like folders and to be able to take screenshots. I don't know if I'm going to hack my phone yet or not, but I'm looking into it.
    04-21-2012 01:04 PM
    Yeah, that is the thing to read (scottcraft post). It's not really that hard, and to be honest, the best thing for me is the custom themes and colors. You have access to the Bazaar Marketplace, which gives you things like ports of Chrome and Opera mobile browsers. You can also find a Trophy rom for Tango, but it looks like there are just a couple minor issues and I am waiting until those get solved.

I wouldn't say that there is any performance difference, but my phone sure looks better with different colors and themes. However, it seems to some that the Tango rom is a bit faster and may have better battery life.

Oh, forgot. You get a wifi hotspot too. Works good.
    I've been doing some reading and some things aren't that clear. Guess I need to read some more. Also I've gotten the latest updates from Verizon and my spl is 2.4. I haven't read anything that indicates if that will or won't affect trying to hack the phone. It doesn't look very hard though.
    04-23-2012 10:12 PM
    There is a File Explorer app that lets you see the folders, when you use the DFT rom. I haven't found a way to create folders.

If you have spl 2.4, you will need to downgrade it to the 1.3 HPSL to be able to install a custom rom. The only thing I don't like about the custom roms is you have to reset up everything when you install one, which is a pain in the but, especially coming from WebOS.
    04-24-2012 07:00 AM
    When I used my droid I flashed a lot of roms and each time I had to set the phone up again. I was able to do it somewhat quickly, but it still got old. After a while it seemed like I spent more time flashing roms than actually using the phone. Eventually I got burnt out on messing with that stuff, but it was kind of a necessary evil to have a decent performing phone.

04-24-2012 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD